Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FREE HAWAII Movement--Nov. 5th 2012
Can anyone come up with even a slightly realistic scenario in which the US would "give Hawaii back" for lack of a better phrase?

Cheers

rainyjim
World Court:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internation...of_Justice
Civil disobedience:

Remember Kauai and the superferry - seems to me that didnt work out to well for the department of defense.... it just takes dedication, gumption and a strong belief in ones personal values - lack of popular political will the biggist issue imho
"...5) Tourism same as we do now (similar to Tahiti). ..."
Depends on the NHO (New Hawaii Order). As tourism is largely a private enterprise, it could be destroyed if made "publicly" owned (similar to communism).
Of course, the opposite could happen and the NHO could encourage private industry and tourism could actually improve.
As far as "convention selecting a king", I haven't noticed this too often in world history. Usually it's the one that has the most power becomes the king.
I'm assuming most here want a largely democratic NHO?
Puna: Our roosters crow first
How did they do Juan Carlos of Spain - may be a good (or bad - grin) example of the restoration of a monarchy.......
Lol.

So if anyone wants Hawaii to go back to having kings speak now or forever hold your peace!

Cheers

rainyjim
Hawaii is a U.S. State and will remain so. Do you really believe anything approaching a majority of the residents want it any other way. Do you want to give up this teat?

#5, Hawaii
2007-2009 Federal taxes paid, avg.: $7.63 billion
2007-2009 Federal funding received, avg.: $18.20 billion
2007-2009 Amount received per tax dollar paid, avg.: $2.38
2007-2009 Change in federal funding received: +106%

Taken from: http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/2...tml#slide5 (NewsWeek)

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
any idea what the % of direct military expenditures would be - They may be replaced with leases to generate income.

Monsanto would pay, and pay and pay if i were king

administrative costs may be a wash

entitlements......... would be the elephant in the room, maybe become a tax haven, gaming may have to become a reality to raise enough revenue

No such thing as "entitlements" when you have a king. The king is the only one "entitled" to anything.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
beg to differ - the king stays in power by handing out goodies in a pure feudal system, in a modern system "social democracy" by direct vote....... grin

magna carta rather than constitutional based systems also have quirks - ie state cant punish a prisoner for trying to escape (its his obligation as a free man)