Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bamboo Houses
Well just wondering do termites like bamboo?

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
hello fellow neighbor,

would you be open to showing your home in progress, I would be interested in checking out the home and maybe having something similar from the manufacturer for a lot in orchidland.

best,

noel

There is a ton on information on the website, but here is one bit regarding termites:
RESISTANCE TO TERMITES
Laboratory
Univ. of Hawaii at Manoa, Dept. Plant & Environmental Protection Sciences
Report Title
Resistance of two bamboo species treated with borates to Formosan Subterranean Termites (Coptotermes formosanus) in a No-Choice Test
Report# date
October 7, 2003
Conclusion
Termite mortality was 100% in all treatments. Results indicate that Bamboo Technologies’ method of borate pressure treating bamboo poles incurs high termite mortality and prevents all but minor superficial damage to bamboo.

quote:
hello fellow neighbor,

would you be open to showing your home in progress, I would be interested in checking
out the home and maybe having something similar from the manufacturer for a lot in orchidland.

best,

noel

When we actually get the construction of the main house underway, we'd be happy to share the progress. So far, the foundation work is finished and the first building (the shop) has arrived and is under construction. We are hoping it will be finished by month's end. We are currently still in N. Calif, but try to get over every-other month. Will be back on 6/6 to check the progress.

That sounds great, i'll be flying in that timeframe also, maybe I can check out the progress since i'm in orchidland - what part of the subd are you from.

Where are you in Northern Calif are you from (the city?)....I'm currently in West Sonoma County area in guerneville.

aloha,

noel

quote:
That sounds great, i'll be flying in that timeframe also, maybe I can check out the progress since i'm in orchidland - what part of the subd are you from.

Where are you in Northern Calif are you from (the city?)....I'm currently in West Sonoma County area in guerneville.

aloha,

noel

We're in San Jose. The property is on 40th near Orchidland Dr.

aloha,

I tried finding you in the address list, but you are not listed for some reason, can you contact me at emorata@yahoo.com.

best

noel

I sent you a message via my yahoo account. If you would like, I can send you pics of our progress.

Did anyone attend David's presentation today?

24 months and counting
Bringing this forward for the buiding forum folks