Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time Warner off grid no service for you
Thirdly your not gonna get connected (unless) your on Permanent Power. Not Temp Power or NO POWER (off Grid) your **** out of luck. Comcast / Roadrunner ... yeah I've had many cable ISP providers and they all start to blur together after awhile! haha

Anyway... How do they know (firstly I called up to order service) on temp power ... Time Warner truck came when they were scheduled to hook up. No can't hook you up your on temp power.

OK, I'm only on temp because I am going on solar (off grid)... Don't want Permanent power. So... I go down to the Hilo Office to inquire about connecting again this time (no temp power) and same BS answer they will tell you straight up just go and ask if you wanna know. BTW, I never did get a call back from the ticket they created at the office to have a supervisor call me back. Typical I guess. Just ignore the customer and maybe they will go away.

And Yes... All most of my neighbors have cable. I heard that comcast (not sure about time warner) are starting to stick wimax routers on poles outside homes. That way they don't have to run wires or call someone out to disconnect the wires and reconnect service. They just give you a router and activate it wireless as long as you pay up. I would guess that saves a bit of money for trouble shooting in house calls and what not.
Not to pick nits, but has anyone gotten a "real" answer from Oceanic?

NEC still says "communications circuits under 70VA" are code/license/permit exempt, so maybe it's County inserting a rider into their franchise agreement?

Ironic that everyone (especially government) wants to put everything on the internet, yet there's no corresponding rules that attempt to guarantee access to "the public".

...after all, you can always drive to Hilo and do it in person, right?
eight years ago, I had a 4 foot deep trench dug over 600 feet long with three pull boxes, ran all my electric, phone and cable through it and coverd it over. I now have full cable, phone and electric. Once it was already in, they didn't give me too much grief but it was a while ago as I said. I can (or could be) a very forceful woman. Especially the cable company was shocked the house was already wired for cable to each room and all they had to do was hook up under the house in a sealed electrical box fed by proper conduit...

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
How about getting permanent power, getting cable internet and then cancelling HELCO?
Or is there some huge one-off connection fee?
nah... That's pretty sad option. Get Perm power just to get cable and than turn around to disconnect. For the win Comcast finds out you're not on perm power and disconnects you anyway. Joy! That sounds like a real grand solution.

Not to pick nits, but has anyone gotten a "real" answer from Oceanic?

If anyone does... Please let me know! As no one at the customer service desk could answer my questions. I even asked if I could run conduit underground so they could hook me up... Answer was still NO! If Yes it would be simple to run 30' of conduit heck I'd even supply the digital Coaxial cable
By any remote chance has cable come to Hawaiian Acres?

The noblest art is that of making others happy.
http://brucemeyers.com
Hawaiian Acres has cable approximately where the roads are paved.
Mahalo Kalakoa

The noblest art is that of making others happy.
http://brucemeyers.com