Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tornado in Oklahoma
I've read with interest your old threads and trials and tribulations. Glad you are ok!
So glad to hear you are safe! The devastation and destruction from this tornado is horrific. What a terrible tragedy for the families and community.
I was sooooooo happy to talk to Nancy last night. I know she and neighbors share a shelter but didn't know if she was him and able to get to it. So happy Smile

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I am glad Nancy is ok.[Big Grin]

We too have been watching the Tornadoes as Seaside Bob and I both have family in OK, KS, NB and SD. It is just heart wrenching to hear some of the stories.

very very sad to see the destruction, families looking for children, older people looking for pets that fill thier lives with love...
islandgirl
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and concern for us and everyone here in Moore. We stayed at our Sons in OKC yesterday and watched along with all of you the destruction. We are back in our house as of last night and can see the helicopters, etc from our back porch.

We are all so saddened with the lose of life and especially the children at the one school. Many storys of teachers laying over their kids to protect them and sustaining severe trauma. The power of these storms are unbelieveable but when you see the twisted cars and leveled homes you get it.

Closet call for us in over 40 years. Seems we have picked a spot to live in a very destructive path for weather. I have no doubt that this community will rebuild. The people that run this town are amazing and its sad because all the work they have done to make this area great.

They have opened the main roads this morning and John went to do some work but I haven't ventured out. I know its real but man its tough.

In the coming days and weeks, we will all be called on to come help in one way or another so thats what lots of us will do.

If anyone would like to help, please donate to a charity specific for help in Oklahoma. I prefer the Salvation Army but of course its your personal choice.

But most of all, if you could promote requirements for safety shelters in schools in this area of the country. There is activity starting on facebook wanting these and so it could become a very strong force on social media.

And yes, we questioned our decision to come back here as we ran through large hail to get to the shelter.

Aloha and thanks again everyone!
Nancy
Very glad to hear you are okay. FEMA will require storm shelters.... and pay for them.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Thanks Rob.
Here is a link for a petition for shelters in schools for Oklahoma.
https://www.change.org/petitions/state-o...n-oklahoma
I won't keep this thread going as it certainly is no Puna specific but there was just a local press conference in which members of the legislature here anounced formation of a nonprofit to build shelters in schools with hefty money coming in!

Mayor yesterday said "Ok, time to clean up!". So recovery is ON.

Strange living in such a dangerous path area of storms but at the same time, fabulous to see the people here jump into action.....

Its always been a toss up between Hawaii and Oklahoma for us...but Hawaii still calls so we will see.
After Joplin I saw one man starting to rebuild a couple days after the tornado. I had to laugh (sorry), he said: "This time I will build out of 2x6s !"

Nobody should be building stick frame in tornado country.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator