Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UHF Channel 32
@terracore: Will do! Thanks!!

@ericlp: It looks like 2 miles up from the Ocean in Hawaiian Beaches is an area classified as "easy reception" with a rooftop antenna for Channel 32 (as per http://www.rabbitears.info/contour.php?appid=1401581&map=Y )! YAY! Also, Hawai`i PBS is a pretty awesome channel. And they have great reception with 2 transmitters delivering a strong signal to Hawaiian Beaches.
quote:
Originally posted by ericlp

I almost had 1000 channels to watch! Still nothing worth watching
Let's hope this new channel gives Opihikaobob a time slot so he can expand his "Strange Objects in Our Skies" (over on Puna Politics) to a full half hour. Then you wouldn't ever have to bother with the remote control again. Of course, that's mostly because you'd be too occupied with the other kind of remote control. Now that's entertainment!
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Thanks, H22, When I get an Antenna I'll let you know how well it comes in!

Reni, Yep! Nothing better than a PC with HDMI port and a 46" 1080P.

Altho, you'll need one of these too! http://goo.gl/U2X40
Before we get into the weeds, here is a good thread on antenna types, etc:

http://www.punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14790&SearchTerms=tv,reception
Aloha!

We've been up with reduced power on Channel 32 on & off for the last few days as we test the signal and make adjustments.

Let me know if you are able to catch the test transmissions over the next few days (and what subdivision you're in). If you're able to get _anything_ on Channel 32, you'll probably get us pretty well when we go to normal power.

Also, we discovered a small ridge by the transmitter that might be making reception better in HPP than Pahoa.

Looking forward to providing a uniquely-Puna TV service sometime in the coming months! :-)

Could you guys post times in advance of future testing?

As it happens, I've been scanning often over the past couple of days (could not get KGMB after Flossie), but I've never seen a 32.

It's also possible that the transmitter is in my antenna's "blind spot", since I'm pointed to Hilo for everything.
Sure! We'll be on the air during daylight hours through Tuesday with a test pattern, with reduced power. (we're on solar)

And you're correct, we are at a disadvantage, since most antennas are pointed at Hilo.

I've also noticed problems with channel 9 & 13/22 since last week.
Wow that's very cool. It's likely I won't get to see any of this, but I think your approach is the right one.

I do watch a little TV. In fact it's out on the lanai right now. Seems to be rusting or corroding or something. Not exactly sure, but... I'm watching it, to see.

-- rainshadow
-- rainshadow
I'm a bit electronically challenged, so two questions, ...would this be directional towards Hilo, Pahoa, etc or would we be able to get a signal in Fern Forest? Also would this be an analog signal or digital? This is so cool, I'll have to clean the lillikoi vines off of my antenna! Lol

Jean Hopper
Jean Hopper
Hi Jean H!

We're running off of solar, so it's much more efficient for us to concentrate the power in 1 direction. When we're done with building it all, most of the power will be pointed towards HPP and Pahoa.

It's not too likely you'll get a good signal in Fern Forest, but it's also not impossible. We're also going to have a non-directional translator (rebroadcaster) on Channel 2, which might work better for a few folks not in the "main" signal lobe

And to answer your other question, the station is digital. :-)