Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice little bump in the morning!
Felt it in the back of NanawaleSmile
Shake and wake in Hawaiian Acres!
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/d...abled.html lets you report quakes, and you can also look them up on the site.

><(((*> ~~~~ ><(("> ~~~~ ><'> ~~~~ >(>
Sure beats caffeine!
Nothing left to do but
Smile
Smile
Smile
I felt it in HPP. Window was rattling. Thanks for the earthquake website too. I bookmarked it.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Quite a shaker! Now saying 4.8 on KITV (Ch. 4) morning news. Felt more like a 5.something!!! [:0]

ETA: Update

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/break...=219177211

Two earthquakes near Volcano on the Big Island were widely felt this morning, but caused no major damage.

A magnitude 4.8 earthquake hit at about 5:54 a.m. about 10 miles south of Volcano at a depth of 20 miles, according to the United States Geological Survey. Its magnitude was initially estimated at 4.6.

It was followed by a magnitude 3.2 earthquake at about 6:07 a.m. in the same location.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said no tsunami was generated by the earthquake on land in the Hilina region of Kilauea Volcano. about 5 miles south of the summit.

People from Captain Cook to Honolulu, 215 miles away, reported feeling the earthquake on the USGS "Did you feel it?" website.
Gosh, slept through it in Eden Roc.

Peace and long life
Peace and long life
Felt it in Kapoho. It was short and felt like someone bumped into the bed. Not sure I would have felt it if I had not been awake at the time.
For whatever reason it felt really strong in Hilo, and I actually "heard" it, a second before it arrived. It sounded like an approaching freight train.
The noise of the toilet shifting and the rocking of the bed woke me up[:0]
Felt it for about 5 seconds. My cat, who used to charge out of the house in a shaker, was sitting on the bed...hohum!

He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
felt it in HB (actually woke up) then ... Promptly went back to bed. Just another day in paradise! Smile