Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hilo, are you ready?!
two of my recent neighbors are moving from oahu....there are quite a few vacant land owners that are from oahu, so its happening as we speak and maybe alot more are opting to start the process sooner.

Let's not forget that many people would not touch Hilo with a 10 ft.pole:
1.Too much rain
2.Lack of beaches and ocean access
3.The lack of good quallity restaurants.
Bill

[quoteLet's not forget that many people would not touch Hilo with a 10 ft.pole:
1.Too much rain

yes, that's the official party line of people who love living in Hilo ... believe this is true and stay away.

Having lived in Hilo for the last two years, honestly the rain never bothered me. When you own a home with lots of outside area under roof, it's no big deal to step under the eaves when a squall comes. When gone, air is fresh.

Beach -- something I seek out when I go on vacation.
Drive to the west side for a vacation day.

Good eats? Are you kidding? One of the places on the island you can eat out, get good local and ethnic food and not be gouged for it! I lived on the west side two years and can honestly say I don't miss the restaurants there one bit.

But please people, don't move to Hilo. It's infested with roaches the size of monstera fruit. Give me some time with my Photoshop program and I'll post the terrifying truth about Hilo.

Don't forget to mention the racist locals.

quote:
From my room in Honolulu last week it amazed me how many new skyscrapers 30 floors + are being constructed. I saw 4 giant cranes just from my windows. Just seems impossible to put that much weight on an island all in the same general area.

Have to laugh (or cry) at this. I remember thinking the same thing some 30 years ago when ever I looked down over the Waikiki area from Tantalus or one of the ridges on the Ko'olaus. We were always amazed that whatever was under Waikiki, be it coral reef, tuff, or old lava, didn't crumble and sink under the weight. But it continues to this day! Better there than here.

quote:
Let's not forget that many people would not touch Hilo with a 10 ft.pole:
1.Too much rain

Yes, remember to tell those folks contemplating a move over here that
- with the Hilo rain comes mold and sickness.
- it's very backward in Hilo and Puna, bad road access to anything.
- you have to manage your own water potability!
- the lack of good restaurants!!!
- oh, yes, and watch out for "Kill Haole (or whatever their ethnicity) Day". Gee, without those days, we'd have no cultural events to attend.
Crack me up, Les! I'm easily amused I think. I still wonder about the physics behind jets and cruise ships! Haaahaaa! And I lived in LA for about 10 years...THAT really amazes me. I mean - how much can the earth take?

Carrie

"All I can say about life is, Oh God, enjoy it." Bob Newhart

Carrie

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com
http://www.vintageandvelvet.blogspot.com

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head..." U2
Yoo Hoo, oh and don't forget the dreaded COOOOOOHHH QUI! LOL

John I did pass this on to a friend who is looking for business property on Oahu, Robert thanks you for bringing this to our attention!~ Mahalo

mella l

PS. This article needs to be shared with the committees, hired consultants, thinking about improvements and roadways for progress now, and not 10 to 20 years down the road!

Edited by - mella l on 08/16/2007 16:19:28
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA