Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unreasonable?
Wow, Kalakoa, please don't go anywhere. I want you to help us build our final and forever cabin this winter...please hang around.
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

Certain militant self-righteous attitudes have kinda ruined PW for me, so yeah, an ignore button would be great.

Easier fix is to find something better to do with my time.

Man. Sometimes I think you are reading my mind, and then regurgitating the thoughts in a much more clear, concise, and easy to read on the internet manner.
Thank you for your replies everyone. Very insightful, I have also noticed long-time posters disappearing carol, that is part of the impetus for this thread. That and considering leaving for a while myself after experiencing the disaster Rob labeled: 'Puna Politics'.

I have seen Rob say many times recently, (not verbatim) something along the lines of "i feel like a middle school hall monitor sometimes on punaweb". Well. I certainly understand, and let me ask you...

Have you ever gone into a business, perhaps somewhere to aquire a specific service from a "professional" something you are not trained to do yourself, and when you get there they treat you like some kind of ignoramous for not knowing every minute detail about their technical jargon or the latest edition product they're selling. I'm not talking poking fun i'm talking about trying to make you feel dumb on purpose. (Usually because they have little power in the workplace and no respect at home, but i digress)

Anyways, the above scenario has been similar to how I feel when on punaweb.

I guess not everyone got the memo, but this forum is for sharing knowledge and helping others...not trying to attack people personally or try and make them feel dumb(correct me if i'm wrong Rob).

I realize the roots of this problem are cultural and societal and not really something we can change on punaweb, but we can change how 'WE' act on punaweb at least.

I realize everyone has disagreements, thats not the issue, its how you treat other people thats the issue. Disagreeing is no excuse for treating people poorly.

I realize this is a web forum, I realize this is the internet. I still don't think either is an excuse to treat people poorly.
I agree wholeheartedly Jim. I have been rethinking my PW membership recently, as there has been a lot of personal attacks lately. I would just suggest that if you don't start none, there won't be none. I would rather stick to exchanging ideas. Agree with me or not, that's A-OK, but let's back off on the vitriol. We don't all have to get along, but we can certainly be civil.
Nothing left to do but
Smile
Smile
Smile
There have been times in the past where I really wondered what happened to Punaweb. However, I am still here. I don't think a blocking button is the answer though. There would be large holes in the threads that wouldn't make sense since some would be responding to the posts that you were individually blocking.

If a thread is truly taken over by someone such that no one you want to hear from is still posting then it will truly be time to leave.
Here's to civility. We do live on an island together. We can disagree, and even have a little fun with those disagreements, without being disagreable.

And I love how behind the times Punaweb is. In fact, I like that Puna, itself, is behind the times.
Perhaps the best ignore is to iqnore when something is posted that can be taken personally - after all it usually takes two.

David

Ninole Resident
Please visit vacation.ninolehawaii.com
Ninole Resident
quote:
Originally posted by rainyjim

Thank you for your replies everyone. Very insightful, I have also noticed long-time posters disappearing carol, that is part of the impetus for this thread. That and considering leaving for a while myself after experiencing the disaster Rob labeled: 'Puna Politics'.

I have seen Rob say many times recently, (not verbatim) something along the lines of "i feel like a middle school hall monitor sometimes on punaweb". Well. I certainly understand, and let me ask you...

Have you ever gone into a business, perhaps somewhere to aquire a specific service from a "professional" something you are not trained to do yourself, and when you get there they treat you like some kind of ignoramous for not knowing every minute detail about their technical jargon or the latest edition product they're selling. I'm not talking poking fun i'm talking about trying to make you feel dumb on purpose. (Usually because they have little power in the workplace and no respect at home, but i digress)

Anyways, the above scenario has been similar to how I feel when on punaweb.

I guess not everyone got the memo, but this forum is for sharing knowledge and helping others...not trying to attack people personally or try and make them feel dumb(correct me if i'm wrong Rob).

I realize the roots of this problem are cultural and societal and not really something we can change on punaweb, but we can change how 'WE' act on punaweb at least.

I realize everyone has disagreements, thats not the issue, its how you treat other people thats the issue. Disagreeing is no excuse for treating people poorly.

I realize this is a web forum, I realize this is the internet. I still don't think either is an excuse to treat people poorly.

I know the quoting of an entire post pisses people off, but how do you equate every word typed above when on the same Puna Politics forum you claim was a disaster when you intentionally went in and changed the title to yet again another personal attack against another poster?

I am really sick of you "holier than thou" pious posters claiming everything this entire topic is all about.

Calm down Ken. Maybe this isn't the thread for you.
Nothing left to do but
Smile
Smile
Smile
quote:
Originally posted by dragon2k

Calm down Ken. Maybe this isn't the thread for you.

You are number 2 on the list.