Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fukushima
I believe the greatest risk to the folks of Hawaii would be the possible contamination of migratory fish species.

Cesium 137 gets widely dispersed and takes a long time to break down - it is man made - and yet everyone on this earth all ready has some cesium 137 in their system and tissues - from air borne testing in the 50's

I knew some folks who worked for the govt doing the above - they died an early nasty death due to cesium contamination / cancers.

its nasty stuff - not present in human tissues before we started tinkering and releasing this stuff into the environment
Sue Nomie is right - we've wacked the planet but good. And the kids get to celebrate their parents/grandparents legacy, until death do them in. In our attempts to extend life in many ways, we're simultaneously shortening it in many others.

What a blind species we are. Crazy. We deserve this for being such ignoramuses.

Personally, no kids for me, rare family... I'm good to go. But I do feel so sad for those who are still thinking the 'Merican Dream exists and they can raise kids to walk to school with happy little lunch bags, saying hello to the janitor on the way down the hall. That's waaaay way over.

-- rainshadow
-- rainshadow
quote:
Originally posted by Bullwinkle

I believe the greatest risk to the folks of Hawaii would be the possible contamination of migratory fish species.

Cesium 137 gets widely dispersed and takes a long time to break down - it is man made - and yet everyone on this earth all ready has some cesium 137 in their system and tissues - from air borne testing in the 50's...

Although Cesium is a liquid metal at room temp before it breaks down, into cs-137 which is a salt.

It looks like 30-31 yrs to break down but not airborne - it will dissolve into water because it is a salt. (I did not say disburse and become inert). Airborne is not cs-137's issue. When the water can absorb no more, it will particulate out like salt in a glass of water.

Looks like 7-8 yrs for us - or if we are lucky all the pacific trash gyre could soak it up (<<< not a scientific theory just a hopeful wish).

Has anyone overlayed all the radiation maps and seen anywhere that any of these disasters hasnt affected? That would be the place to go if you were going to leave Hawaii.
I dont know if this is accurate or dr'd up ....

the information released by the Japanese - has been proven to be mis - information on numerous issues over the last tow years

the information supplied by the us seems to state - dont worry be happy - they have their hands full with NSA and other credibility issues

whether this is accurate or just another groups agenda (the name of the site - implies bias to me) to fill the information void and skew the research to their ends - tough keeping the wheat from the chaff these days

http://www.thelibertybeacon.com/2013/01/...a-machine/
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/08...hQQkmIm2PN

What an unbelievable mess!

I am so much more like I am today than I ever was before!
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
Bullwinkle, isnt cesium what they use to kill spies? Also, Rainshadow, the schools here really are still sweet like that. Honestly, that's a big reason why we came here. I know the academics may not be the greatest in some places, but it is still a very loving environment here for the kids.
BS

BS

BS !!!!!!!!!
any reaction that can not be stopped before it overwhelms is unsafe.

Where did the Forbes article go? It was a very good explanation of radiation?
the key word is ionizing - usually man made and fatal

http://www.epa.gov/rpdweb00/understand/