Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pam Lamont
Sadly, never got the pleasure of meeting her, sorry to hear this news.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
A story about Pam -

Less than two years ago we wanted to go to our nieces wedding that most of my extended family would be at. But we could not afford it - I was short miles to buy two RT's.

Pam just gave the miles to me. She said all she wanted was me to come home and tell her all about the trip and see the pics!

(She already suspected that she would not be leaving Hawaii again. She told me that day that she was a lucky woman and had done and seen so many things and whatever this road brought, she was pleased with her life. The day she called me she was in San Diego with her "kids" and was coming home shortly to start treatment.)

I also was able to spend time with two friends there who now are gone.

For that gift, I will be forever grateful.

For mail to Pam, the Hospice address is:
Pam Lamont
c/o Hospice of Hilo
1011 Waianuenue Avenue
Hilo, HI 96720

ETA:
The Hospice patient facility is at:
590 Kapiolani
Hilo, HI 96720

Mail can go to either address.
Thanks for the address.
This brings tears to my eyes. Pam helped me many times over on the Farm and Gardening forum and was always the happy combination of wild enthusiasm and cool common sense here on Punatalk. She coached me through creating a hydroponic lettuce garden and even posted my photos on her Punaweb adjunct, http://www.freewebs.com/punachat/apps/photos/ . I followed her photos of Thailand where she was, as usual, selflessly helping someone else. I was lucky enough to meet her one time, at the last Punaweb party she hosted. She was so kind and welcoming that day, took me on a tour of her beautiful home then a wild ride in her ATV, first to visit her sheep then down to look at the greenhouse. On the house tour she showed me her bathroom, built for an invalid in a wheelchair and to accommodate a lift, so she apparently knew something was coming and was as ready as it was possible to be. She didn't slow down, though; at that time she was planting fruit trees and looking forward to them starting to produce. Whatever happens now, Pam will live on through all the many lives she's touched and changed for the better. I will continue to hope for a miracle but if that is not to be, then for a gentle, peaceful passing to her next adventure. Ke Akua pu a hui hou kakou.

I am so much more like I am today than I ever was before!
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
I too am hoping for a miracle.
I use to tell her how much I like lamb and one day Bob and Pam showed up at our door with a leg of lamb.

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
I did not know Pam.......her Aloha spirit is to be cherished. My garden is currently filled with the vegetables and flowers that we use.
In her honor, I will add to my garden tomorrow. I will nurture these plants and pass them out to my neighbors.
Sadly I too never met, Pam, although I have been reading and thoroughly enjoying her posts here for many years. I know she has had a rough time this past year. She is one of the Punaweb "relics" for sure, it has seemed she has always been there to help others and reach out to them no matter what they needed, and I have certainly missed her postings since this ordeal began. Best wishes go out to her and prayers for miracles
Oh I'm so sorry I have wanted to ask how she was doing but fearing what the answer would be.
Thank-you for letting us know and thanks for posting her address...
My thoughs and payers go her way!
Pam was one of the first people my wife met after we moved here. After one of her trips to the Lamont farm we were at Miranda's and there was a sticky note behind the counter that said "Pam Lamont" and had a phone number. I don't know what it was for, but somehow for us that gave us a sense of community.