Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii county council district 5 race
Ken,

Please forgive me it was Snorkle who set up the list and you who added the disparaging information. I for one believe it is more important to discuss the issues at hand. I do appreciate your insight and compassion, and am sure it will help your candidate to achieve her goals, just as it has done for you. Keep up the good work!
Un Mojado Sin Licencia
@John

I see you are new here. And I see you are having a great time making posts!

That being said, how does pointing out what some have really done become "disparaging information?"

It's clear to me you like RJ. Maybe you like the good Doctor.

I believe Tiffany is hands down the most qualified candidate for County Council District 5.

quote:
Originally posted by Ken

@John

That being said, how does pointing out what some have really done become "disparaging information?"

I believe Tiffany is hands down the most qualified candidate for County Council District 5.

I prefer thumbs down on TH & thumbs up on RJ .
Well, at this moment I'm not an RJ supporter, and the doctor you mentioned, for what little I know of him, doesn't really appeal to me. I admire Ms. Edwards-Hunt and respect her accomplishments. My only real gripe, and I've mentioned this in a email to her, is that she gets entangled in so much controversy, and the offerings on her blog seem intentionally vague. In my opinion, our next councilperson's highest priority should be to rise above the factional bickering (drama and trauma), to unite the greatest number of people possible. Whoever that person is, I hope he/she will immediately form an alliance with Districts Four and Six (voting block). In order to accomplish that I think all parties concerned need to soften the ideological rhetoric, while reaching out to demographic groups that were underrepresented at the Candidate Forum. Please don't think that I'm out to get Ms. Edwards-Hunt or anyone else for that matter. I would, however, like to elevate the conversation and address the issues. As long as we're fighting among ourselves the others will have their way. I'd prefer that we discussed the merits of each candidates planks and platform without dragging out too many skeletons. I'm mainly concerned with how fit the candidates are for service here and now. A politically active Hilo guy told me in a conversation about the Puna District "... we don't really care what those animals do." I'm suggesting that we burnish or public image, and in so doing gain a little more respect.
Un Mojado Sin Licencia
I am no fan of mud-slinging. However, if a candidate has engaged in serious misconduct, then the voters should certainly know. If Daniel Cunningham is the same guy who owned the collapsed tenement in Kalihi Valley then he is not the kind of person we need representing us. Puna is growing up. We will never get appropriate funding or political respect while we send our parade of clowns to Hilo and Honolulu. Kooks, one-trick ponies, loonies, those who find logic to be beyond their capabilities need not apply. Anyone actually think, for example, that Faye Hanohano is an effective legislator? Or a laughing stock, dismissed by her peers in Honolulu.
if a candidate has engaged in serious misconduct, then the voters should certainly know.

Absolutely, because the "ethics commission" won't actually sanction anyone.
quote:
Originally posted by Opihikaobob

quote:
Originally posted by Ken

@John

I prefer thumbs down on TH & thumbs up on RJ .

Good to know, guess TH is the best bet then. Though they all sound disappointing.
posted by robguz

Good to know, guess TH is the best bet then. Though they all sound disappointing.

[/quote]I have said in another related thread ,that I had a face to face with TH 5 years ago about a post I had made in her BIC about PGV and their relationship with, (Ormat & Halliburton), and that I had posted it in her comments section - then a few minutes later it was gone. Her reaction to this information was less than friendly- rude even. I was surprised at her reaction.
Fast forward 5 years - since then I have met several people who have discussed with me their personal experiences with her , and we all came up with the same opinion of her based on personal face to face events.
Together with her running ads for PGV , in her paper - that's enough for me to make an informed decision about her , and to talk about it here, in the hopes that it makes a difference .
Aloha, Frannie Pueo's video from the Canidate Forum held in Pahoa is available at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqTKflKVyo8
She will be at the Maku'u Farmers Market Sunday too.
quote:
Originally posted by Opihikaobob

posted by robguz

I have said in another related thread ,that I had a face to face with TH 5 years ago about a post I had made in her BIC about PGV and their relationship with, (Ormat & Halliburton), and that I had posted it in her comments section - then a few minutes later it was gone. Her reaction to this information was less than friendly- rude even. I was surprised at her reaction.
Fast forward 5 years - since then I have met several people who have discussed with me their personal experiences with her , and we all came up with the same opinion of her based on personal face to face events.
Together with her running ads for PGV , in her paper - that's enough for me to make an informed decision about her , and to talk about it here, in the hopes that it makes a difference .

[/quote]
My mistake, was thinking TL, not TH. My bad. Although her running ads for PGV improves my opinion of her. If she's trying to emulate a newspaper with a news blog, she should be running ads that come in whether she personally endorses the product/issue/service or not.