Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto body shop recommendations?
Steve, any chance that car is a a little 'bent' now ? No dog in this, but just sayin'. There are many facets and trade offs of bodywork people don't understand. Did you point out anything to them to them right then and there ? The plastic part story happens all the time and I have a hard time believing they "denied any an all responsibility" when its so much more easy to say, " bring it back in "

Further, your "Work seems OK so far but they did not check or fix the alignment even after $2500 in other body work." comment speaks volumes about you as a customer. I think you like to complain AFTER rather than deal with things on the spot.

Where ( what part ) was body work done on vehicle ? And was it on this same "hit 4X vehicle" ? Was damage structural or cosmetic ? Was "alignment" indicated on claim or estimate ? Did you request it and it was not done ? Did you ask them why ?

auwe,
pog

P.S. apologies Rob, but I hate smears when other party does not even know its happening.

Pog,

Not sure what you mean by the "bent" comment but I suppose it's your not so gentle way of trying to discredit people who don't believe in your particular version of reality.

No I am not a body shop expert but I am just trying to convey my experience to anyone who may be considering them to hire when there are so many other options. No doubt some other people have clearly been happy with their work but I have definitely not been and when I brought the matter to their attention they totally denied responsibility.

As to the most recent repair I mentioned at Body Pros, the car was fine before the other driver ran into the car while it was parked in the Keaau "merge". Car was fine then after the accident it developed a shimmy but my wife didn't tell the body shop when she dropped the car off. Personally, I would think that if a car requires $2500 in sheet metal and paint work that someone in the shop should bother to check out how it drives but there is a reason why they are a preferred shop for auto insurance companies which is probably because they do volume work for discounted rates- and perhaps discounted service.

You have said a lot ... Define " the matter " please ...
Steve, IMO ... Its not MS auto but your expectations of what should have happened may have been with any body shop ... I hope you see my point.
Oh and sheeet ... DON'T BLAME IT ON YOUR WIFE NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everyone readin this nodding their heads now ...

I rest my case,
pog

Seems to me like I am trying to caution others about shoddy workmanship and POG is just concerned about winning so I will not post on this thread anymore.