Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Invasion - Search for Suspects
Yes, that is what happened... They said that the wrong address was given by dispatch (our road is only a few blocks & both neighbors waved at them as they drove by..)

Luckily I have the whole fun with video all on Punaweb
http://www.punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16217

The first time I had an inkling that our police may not tell/remember the whole story was when this happened, too bad our car still bears the reminder of the actions of people being followed by "our finest", but it did motivate our one neighbor to upgrade his system to HD & for us to invest in a HD system... if only we had it PRIOR to this!:
http://www.punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15483

ADD: system is now a 1-1/2 years Out of date, Q-See QC804NVR4Channel 2TB - =Both neighbors have & our range overlaps, so the 4 channel is not too bad for a nice chunk of our corner area coverage
Recommendations of surveillance systems welcome!
So sad.

Typically this is the part I say "Should have had a gun"..but I don't see just any elderly man wielding a pistol safely.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if this house had a gate ?
Good question Oneself? A couple good dogs can help, Maybe a long driveway to the back of these acres can help?. So many only clear the first quarter of the lots or half, Then leave the rest jungle. It may cost more to put your home on the back side of the lots because of the extra dozing or longer electric concerns yet it usually ends up even after the rippers take what they want(They may be back). A half dozen Kapu signs or beware of owner signs can help. Maybe a second chain or gate, Then the home surveillance cameras can be useful too. How about some small signal devices that could be placed within your electronics or amongst your valuables to maybe trace them if and when they are taken.

A sting worked by our finest would be nice once in a while? Maybe set a few traps close to your suspected red areas with easy to grab valuables that can be traced. These guys are savvy enough to use 16 year olds to do a lot of the lifting so if they get caught no more than a slap in juvy, But the hot items sit in some adults garage until heat is gone. Personally we have had our living places broke into about 8-10 times in the last 25 years(mostly rentals). Never got any items returned or found by police.

One house we rented down in Nanawale was broken into 3 strait days. The first time they came in and took the T.V, The second day they took stereo and other little items. Then the third day they brought a truck, pulled into the drive like they owned it and took the water pump. All three days we were at work and must have drove by the rippers house to leave the subdivision. We finally moved after realizing who was master mining these robberies. Terrible feelings and scares can form from such invasions of privacy. Hope this couple in their 70's can regain some peace from the terrible robbery they experienced.
Gypsy, this HPP event was on the smaller lots ocean side, so no long drive...and as reported above, dogs would go crazy with all the fishermen that have access to the shoreline.

Some people do have security apps on their electronic that lock & trace the movement of the piece (smart phone & TVs and computers can have this installed) If only I could believe our finest would do anything if you did get it... but I am not positive they will even write out the ticket correctly now!
I don't think security cameras do too much, especially if the police are not so helpful.

Being armed is the best defense but only if you are home.

A dog is great. Plus companionship of a dog is priceless Smile

I hope my home will be gated and fenced and on a large lot. I am bringing my dog and my guns.

I am staying in a house i rented in OLE when I arrive, and as a precautionary I took out a renters insurance policy.

I tell you though, let a robber or two get shot, I bet the burglary goes wayyyyy down. Smile
I just hope that you, and others that take use firearms as a defense is that you have a clear, clean shot that a miss, or a through and through does not go through my wall on these tiny a** lots in your attempt to master the situation. I have firearms, I use firearms, but as a defense aid when only clearly applicable. A baseball bat does just as good upside the knee of an assailant just fine, and I seriously doubt he will be running off as car 54 finds it's way through the neighborhood on a 911 call. Usually a punk "runner" to hit the home and back in the escape vehicle in under 2 minutes to pass a gang initiation, or for pro theft rings. Being underage gets a slap, they are out of the "family" because they got caught... Wish that Felonies got treated as a Felony despite age in cases like this but that's JMHO

Are you a human being, or a human doing?
What kine gangs are in Hawaii ? Or do you just mean groups of punk kids ?

By the way, no one should ever wish or intentionally commit sufferation of any type to anyone in my opinion. Firearms are ALWAYS for protection.
Groups of punk kids is a way of putting it. Bored youth is another. How much is a tv really worth at a pawn shop anyway? Not enough to be dead or crippled in my opinion, but to have enough for that hit of "ice"...

Are you a human being, or a human doing?
Better question might be: does HPD have a resident gang expert?