Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volunteer needed!!!
Heehee, sorry Peg, that was meant for Oneself

Thanks for pointing that out Carey
....."Just think about it & do the right thing"....
@ Carey, I was hoping someone on here would be familiar with my previous post. Unfortunately most were not able to identify with the area.

In your previous post asking about the area, not one person said, Oh, that's a great place. To the contrary, everyone tried to suggest that you not buy there as there are much better places to buy lots in.

If you think Hawaiian Acres roads are bad....

You will soon find out why everyone suggests to not buy sight unseen, but renting for at least 6 months in an area before you commit.
try offering a tank of fuel in exchange for photos - or call a real estate company. a little incentive or liquid aloha can go a long way out here
@ leilanidude, it doesn't matter if anyone thinks its a good place to live or not. Per the demographics the crime index shows it is safer in my area than in the majority of the rest of the puna area. So, what's your point? Maybe I will just volunteer to keep the road in good repair. We can all find the bad in any situation but we can also focus on the good and be content with what we have and make the best of it. I can assure you there are worse places on Earth to live. Get happy!!!

@ Bullwinkle, I will actually be coming over in a few weeks and would be delighted to show my appreciation to whomever decided to perform an act of kindness and volunteer. Sometimes our greatest reward is not from man but from God....Food for thought...try it....
pay pal works as well
So I guess pay pal gives volunteering a whole new meaning...acts of kindness are getting far few and between these days...so sad...
Volunteering to many means "many hands make light work" not "please do my homework for me"

In a place that has seen much exploitation - we tend to watch a while before jumping in - start by throwing 50$ at pay pal and save the snark is my advice if you want to get along out here

Both a map (and driving through) HIPA suggest that while the roads may be bad, they are also much closer to the pavement than equivalent roads in HA; higher density means private road dues (if any) might actually be practical, and there's a good chance the subdivision has (or can actually get) Oceanic.

Lots are too small for me, but that's a matter of personal taste, not that I would personally taste each lot to determine this.
nor would I go poking around an area (any densely populated off grid area, in puna) like this with a camera - without an invite.....