Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
road maintanence in Hawaiian Beaches,Parks.
Carol - indeed there are street lights like that and there are others that only emit light at certain wavelengths which helps observatories, but they do not help if one wants to view a dark sky from the ground. It's quite a conflict. I love the fact there are no street lights where I live, the view of the night sky and the Milky Way on a dark night is awesome (not a word I use often) but there are also areas that need street lighting for safety reasons. I don't think there's a straightforward solution to this.
There are only streetlights on the main rode going down Kahakai. None of the other side streets that I know have street lights. I also think it's light pollution and rather see the stars. They have really nice LED lights, that have sensors on them, they dim at 1/4 till they see car activity then they go full bright. I really think that is a good idea. Not only is it waste of light pollution, but a lot of money is wasted to power them 24/7. So, the dimming LED ones are what should be put everywhere on this island. Solves both problems.