Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Burgers?
James and punafish,
Home cooked is always best, but when you are starving in Hilo after a long day, it is always a good idea to eat before braving the Keaau merge.

My husband is pretty much a vegan, I am a midwest farm raised omnivore who loves good beef, so while I do cook some meat at home, burgers are one of those things I eat out because cooking burgers in our kitchen is hard for my husband to ignore, the smell just permeates the house. These are the sort of compromises that have kept our marriage going for 25+ years.

James,
Do you ever sell cuts of beef other than hamburger? I would love to be able to get some thick cut steaks or stew beef that I know are from cows that were raised and slaughtered is a responsible way. FYI: I had lunch at Hilo Bay Cafe recently and they claim they can't get local grass fed beef right now, all they have is corn fed mainland beef. Maybe you could fix that for them.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Thanks, Carol.
Yes, in January we made our first sale of cuts + ground beef.
Have an appointment for another steer November 18 -- wanted it for October, but that was the soonest available at Hawaii Beef Producers, Paauilo. Can put you on the list.
Have three more coming along for next year, and more beyond that.
How about Ken's? I remember them as being pretty good too....
Daniel Hanmer