Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
beware of spoiled ballots
Don't get me started on the design of these new EPA required gas cans which require 1000x more gasoline released into the environment with each use compared to the old type that worked fine since WWI.
these new EPA required gas cans

Off-topic, but ... easily solved:

Buy Sceptre cans, then order the "replacement" jerry-can nozzle kit from ebay.
British/Atlantic sells the NATO fuel can and spout set up. Bought a whole bunch before the State outlawed them. Military Surplus also has the cans, and sometimes the spout.

Community begins with Aloha
Thanks for causing me to find this gas can fix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lcnwdIYEfI

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Update: Replacement ballot came today and both envelopes were at least partially stuck together. Managed to pry them apart and went ahead and voted then sealed the ballot in the envelope. (don't forget to sign it!)

If you vote absentee and have not voted yet you might want to check your envelopes to see if they are still good> If they are unusable you might want to call the County and ask them for a replacement ballot.

RE: Kalakoa, yes bill paying online is convenient and doesn't require a stamp or a trip to the post office but Hawaii is still a few years away from that. You can ship off a hundred thousand dollars with a password or 2 and a click but apparently our votes are worth more than that. Actually, the Supremes have determined that our votes are worth as much free speech we want to attach to them.

Are these stuck absentee ballot envelopes still an issue? There was also a Kauai man who discovered someone had sent in his absentee ballot all filled in altho' he didn't receive it. Whoever did it had not signed the outside envelope so the Kauai Elections Office called the guy to come in and sign it and that's when the fraud was discovered.

We need to be alert especially here in Puna as all the Puna races are very tight. The incumbents are favored when there are so many candidates and we need to make sure every vote is counted, not invalidated. I want to know if the envelope problem is still an issue before going to the Honolulu press. Thanks, Frankie
Our contract mail delivery guy put someone else's ballot in our mailbox. We just gave it back, but it is worrisome if the mail delivery people are being careless with ballots. These aren't just another piece of junk mail.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Frankie, I received the replacement envelopes on Saturday -the maillady hand delivered (only because we had a very large priority box also) & I immediately stuck the mail in the freezer (lowest humidity area here)

When I opened my replacement envelopes, the elections office had placed strips of wax paper between the envelope flaps, as I had requested, so they are "good to go"

That said, I only realized there might be a problem after reading Steve1's post... I was all set to just mail the opened & re-glued envelopes without even knowing that would cause a potential problem with the elections office

As stated earlier, sealed up return envelopes are sooo common here, I really doubt most people would even give it a second thought & just open up the sealed envelope & reglue them...I really doubt most of us would actually even think that would invalidate their vote.

I really doubt that there is any way of ever knowing how many ballots may be counted as spoilt merely because of the sealed envelopes, as it seems the front desk personnel & the supervisors are not on the same page as to how common it is this year...just based on Steve1 & my report on the front desk reaction, and my further talks with Cori & Pat (supervisors who assured me that sealed ballot envelopes have not been much of any problem so far last week & were surprised I would be at all worried...)
KITV top story at 10:30 tonight is covering the stuck return envelopes, most calls coming from Puna. It seems that Pat (interviewed tonight) is realizing that stuck envelopes are more of a problem this year & that they will be looking at accepting taped envelopes, without throwing out the ballot (as long as the envelope does not look excessively ripped or potentially tampered... if yours is, please contact the elections office for new envelopes)