Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with Keaau Post Office
Find a really good friend that has a street address.

You can use your own street address for FedEX and UPS, even where no "regular mail" is delivered.

One of two things will happen: the FedEX truck will stop by your house, or FedEX will learn that your street address is "inaccurate" and hold your packages for pickup.

You can get your street address from County whether or not you pull a building permit.
Down here the problem I am finding is that some systems use our street # with the box # - example 14-5020 Malio Road #4002

and others use RR 2 Box 4002

I used the first example with helco rebate and they called me to tell me they dont give the rebates for apartment buildings. LOL

(and no this isnt my address - it is an example).
example 14-5020 Malio Road #4002

Mixed-notation "street + RR" has been unnecessary for about the last five years since USPS implemented the magic automated address processing.
POG,

Did you even read the thread conversation before you went running your yap again ? No where anywhere did I say I have a problem with anyone the post office. It says I am having issues getting packages to general delivery.

Go troll someone else, go dwell on your negative BS in your own head.
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

example 14-5020 Malio Road #4002

Mixed-notation "street + RR" has been unnecessary for about the last five years since USPS implemented the magic automated address processing.

Then someone should tell our USPS Pahoa office and the people who do the mailboxes down here.

We were just told 2 yrs ago to START using the mixed notation by the USPS and our mailbox people, i.e 14-5020 Malio Rd #4002

If we ship UPS or Fed ex, there are times our street address (used without the #4002) does not come up as valid. I do what KeaauRich does - put it all down and hopefully it arrives.

Wish they would all get it together.
1Self - Now you have all the info you need on your online purchases .
OR just OK it with your employer to have all delivered to where you work.
Getting an actual street address is vital and needed.
We pick up at FED EX and UPS as we are too remote for their non 4x4 vans and trucks to access.
The postal workers here are AWESOME and are our friends and neighbors .
There are postal boxes available at Airport Post office,so no need gen delivery in Kea'au.
Mimosa,

Who said anything about the post office workers ?

I have never had any issues with anyone at the post office. My issues is getting boxes delivered by Amazon, which has been resolved.

I just had a very odd experience with Walmart.com last week. They had an ad in the paper for school supplies that they did not carry in-store, but the people at the Hilo store suggested I try on-line.

Went on-line, they had the sale item, with free shipping, I ordered (even though they added a "Hawaii Surcharge" that was almost 15% of the purchase price). They sent all of the order & tracking info...I tracked the package to its delivery in Arkansas week ago Friday. Thinking it was a shipping error, I contacted the shipper that Sat., who opened a case & found that Walmart shipping had incorrectly entered the zip on the manifest (the one on the manifest started with a 7), though al of the order confirmation had the correct info.

It took over 10 emails & calls to Walmart.com to get them to correct the error and reship.

2 interesting notes on that hassle: Walmart.com requested the package reroute the day after the order was made, yet NEVER contacted me that there was a problem with the order (or even cancel out the order & return the money) & it took all 10+ contacts to get it resolved & the items shipped
AND they charged the "Hawaii Surcharge" yet did not have the quality control to realize they were not shipping to Hawaii... even though all of the order information had the correct information.

I had only ordered through Walmart.com once before, years ago, with no problems (do not remember if there was a surcharge then, but I am used to that...but do kinda expect some customer service (yah, even beyond normal) for that surcharge!

I get that error can be made, but would like to have just had to contact them once & have had the items reshipped, esp for extra cost we pay!)

Office Max let me buy a printer online for $45 less than the in store price and then pick up the printer in Hilo from the floor!
I went to read reviews on a product while at walmart this weekend, I was surprised to find that it was listed on walmarts website for about 12% less than the store.

Walmart would not even price match their own website.