Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Other Election News
Mendo, well said. I'm still up in the air on this race, so your words bring more contemplation. Also important is who they will have on their "team". A leader must have a good support system, and Ige does seem to have the basis for one.

Mahalo for this. JMO.

ETA: Chunkster, you yanked me right back. LOL! [Big Grin]

What do y'all think about the Lt. Gov. race? I'm lost on that one.

quote:
Originally posted by Mendo... He stands for an honest, responsible approach to government, something we have not seen in a couple of decades.

Can you give us some specifics? I am willing to hear out his supporters as my only total commitment is to NO MUFI.
Thanks for asking, KC.
Ige was chair of Ways & Means, (WAM) the senate money committee. I have heard consistent comments from those involved, "what a refreshing thing to have an honest person in charge of the money committee." To my knowledge he has not been accused of playing favorites, tit-for-tat, punishing districts for their reps opposing him. This is remarkable and worthy of respect and confidence. BTW, Puna did very well this last cycle, for a change. (eg - Library Funds, PCMC funds, Pahoa boosters, Puna forest projects). Ige had a lot to do with that outcome.
Ige brought his WAM committee to Puna (during a statewide tour) last year to tour projects requesting funds. This is honest, legitimate good government. What more could be asked for?

Then there is his basic personal humility and ability to truly listen, which anyone who's met him can verify. Rare, indeed, in politics. It's been a long time since anyone with a human-sized ego has been in this position.
"human sized ego" should be required of all elected officials, instead we end up with the opposite. I saw an ad looking for a lead guitar player that said: head should fit through the door. Same applies to politicians.

Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Early during the Primary Campaign, I happened upon a low key meeting of Mr Ige and some Puna supporters in a local coffee shop.
Greeted and said aloha, but did not join. I did note the lack of big-headed, egotistic, self-importance attitude all too common of elected state officials when out in the sticks.