Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tropical Depression 3-C 700 mis. SE of Hilo
quote:
Originally posted by dakine

Oh Tommy, what the @#$%! is your problem? You are so stuck on your 'I'm a scientist' egotistical mania that you have to pick on other people? Why are you so insecure? I have never met a real scientist that behaves like you. Wait, maybe you aren't a real scientist but just some administrator wannabe kine scientist? Regardless, for someone who says they're educated and all you act like a street thug.

Well, here we have the elevated discourse from the local variety of flora and fauna colloquially known as a 'kook'!
Don't we usually talk about the weather to avoid the more volatile topics, like politics and religion?

So hot, so early this morning.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Here in Volcano sweating like an armor-clad crusader in the Jerusalem sun, so to speak. Unheard of. I fear Hilo today.

http://weather.hawaii.edu/current/bulletins.cgi?bulletin=NWS-discussion&banner=uhmet&timequeue=0&productqueue=0

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION...CORRECTED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
430 AM HST SAT AUG 22 2015

.SYNOPSIS...

SPEAKING OF THE AIR MASS...HUMIDITY WILL INCREASE AND THEN REMAIN
FAR BEYOND CLIMATOLOGY THROUGH AT LEAST NEXT WEEK...AND PERHAPS
THROUGH THE REST OF AUGUST. SATELLITE ESTIMATES SHOWED PRECIPITABLE
WATER TOTALS IN EXCESS OF TWO INCHES...AND EVEN UPWARDS OF TWO AND A
HALF INCHES...TO THE EAST THROUGH SOUTHEAST OF THE ISLANDS. GUIDANCE
BROADLY SUPPORTED THESE FIGURES...AND UNSURPRISINGLY PREDICTED THE
PREVAILING FLOW TO SPREAD THEM NORTHWEST OVER THE STATE THROUGH THE
NEXT 24 TO 36 HOURS.
An impressive blob of convection is taking place South of the Big Island at this time and moving North. Associated with tropical depression Kilo this is a classic warm front moving North. Impacts will be severe especially for Kau. The longer the sun stays out in East Hawaii, the more the atmosphere will warm over East Hawaii and provide even more uplift when the blob arrive here later today. South Point and the Kau district will get pounded.

Surprisingly except for a Flash Flood Watch, no warnings are currently posted from the NWS. There should be a Flash Flood Warning as severe flooding is probable for Kau and maybe even East Hawaii later today. There is also the chance for severe thunderstorms as atmospheric conditions are ripe for them. Be Alert for rapid weather changes!
quote:
Originally posted by Kapoho Joe

quote:
Originally posted by dakine

Oh Tommy, what the @#$%! is your problem? You are so stuck on your 'I'm a scientist' egotistical mania that you have to pick on other people? Why are you so insecure? I have never met a real scientist that behaves like you. Wait, maybe you aren't a real scientist but just some administrator wannabe kine scientist? Regardless, for someone who says they're educated and all you act like a street thug.

Well, here we have the elevated discourse from the local variety of flora and fauna colloquially known as a 'kook'!

It was a good description of another "compromised" individual . JMO
"This storm doesnt have enough convection ... at this time.... to do much. Watch if that changes. "

-told to me by Hubby (who lived in Kansas and knows his convection ! )

Note: he did stock up on his snack items this past month as always JIC.
Tonight
Occasional showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Low around 71. Southeast wind 7 to 9 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Sunday
Occasional showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 82. Southeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Sunday Night
Occasional showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Low around 71. Southeast wind around 7 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Monday
Occasional showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 82. Southeast wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Monday Night
Showers and thunderstorms likely. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 71. Southeast wind around 8 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
I'm hoping that maybe dakine will understand that having opihikaobob defend him will make him realize how others see his posts. I suspect not, but dakine ought to at least stop, think, and perhaps realize how his posts come across. Right now I see him as a crazy guy. Others see him as rather creepy.

Dakine - when you understand what those cones actually mean, get back to us. Right now it's very obvious you don't understand them.
Does the weather really need to become a personal battle of some kind?

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
all those are justifiable if somebody is casting a shadow over your latte at the coffee shop.

We have a coffee shop?