Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lava Removal in Pahoa
"But, "free" Federal dollars, can't argue with that."

USA can print fake money, Hawaii can't.
The cost of fixing the road is probably a drop in the bucket when compared to total expenditures during the 2014 lava odyssey.

Reimbursed 75% by "free" Federal dollars...

Railroad & Chain of Craters, were built and then closed to the public.

Apa'a is actually a road, unlike Railroad "Ave".

CofC ... if nobody is allowed out there, how do we know for sure it was actually built?
That lava would make some beautiful rock walls, they should sell it.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
I'd definitely buy some.
Leilani Estates, 2011 to Present
That lava would make some beautiful rock walls, they should sell it.

I'd definitely buy some.

If only each piece were attached to an egg beater ($200!), it would cover the costs of the repair, and then some.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Pimping out Pele for dead presidents on paper ...just to fix a road. What next? Puna going to hell in a handbasket!
quote:
Originally posted by PunaMauka2

Pimping out Pele for dead presidents on paper ...just to fix a road. What next? Puna going to hell in a handbasket!

Just where do you think all the other road material used on this Island comes from? Mars?
To Chunkster: this will be the first time that any federal money will be spent in Ka'ohe Homesteads, and we have been around since the 1800's!
So please revise that "occasionally" in your mind because it just isn't so.

We are not a subdivision with private roads. The Homesteads were created long before there was any such thing as a "subdivision". Apa'a Street and Ka'ohe Homestead Road are both County roads, not private roads.

Before the lava covered Apa'a, many residents who live south of Pahoa accessed the transfer station from the south end of Apa'a above the school. Until Apa'a is re-opened they, too, will have to drive the long way around to use the transfer station. Also, there are property owners who can no longer access their land until Apa'a is re-opened. It's not just about the Ka'ohe Homesteads residents. There is a bigger picture.
quote:
Originally posted by shockwave rider

quote:
Originally posted by PunaMauka2

Just where do you think all the other road material used on this Island comes from? Mars?

Umm, that's different. Anyway, better respect the host goddess ...especially as Her body warmth has barely left those rocks.
Rene: Point taken. Again, I think it is entirely appropriate and sensible that the road be fixed, and Federal funding is even better. I let my frustration with the general inequity of return on county taxes paid by us in the subdivisions carry over onto a case which isn't a good comparative example. Surely you can see that there are some real inequities in other areas, though. Can't you?