Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sports authority liquidating holdings
Del's Tractor and Farm Supply is in negotiations with General Growth Properties which is the malls owner to lease the empty old Safeway next to longs.
Stay tuned .
General Growth Properties also owns and manages Ala Moana Center on Oahu.

Sports Authority was destined to fail years ago as there are way to many over priced items that can be had at a much lower cost elsewhere,not just Hilo.
Sears is owned by Kmart and the only profit at sears is the automotive department which is 3rd rate at best .
Radio Shack will remain even though the company as a whole is in re-organization mode .

Mrs.Mimosa
Del's in the old safeway would be awesome! The parking situation at the current location really sucks.
Del's in the old safeway would be awesome!

Yes -- however it won't be quite the same Del's; having been acquired by TSC, there will be more emphasis on agricultural machinery.
Where is the old safeway?
Next to Longs, across from Macy's,
That's what I thought. While I'd love to see Dels move, it doesn't seem like a huge upgrade. Except of course that they would have a parking lot.
Not surprised that SA will be gone with their high priced stuff. Good riddance! I predicted that Walgreens would be gone in two years but they are still around. Don't know how they can survive with local loyalty firmly entrenched around Longs Drugs.
It's official, they are closing all 450 stores over the next several months.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/31860...450-stores

More a sign of the changes ahead for traditional retail businesses and malls in general than anything specific to Hawaii.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
Won't miss them. Now maybe they can put in a Petco!
Yea, good riddance to any damn business that dares open up on our island! Good riddance to those jobs it brought to Hilo too. Nobody needs the jobs or benefits. Glad it's gone!!