Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Air pilot strike
quote:
United, on the other hand, are one of my least favorite carriers due to uncomfortable planes, terrible customer service, and completely demoralized employees. Delta wasn't too bad though.

I have never been a big fan of United, but I absolutely love the Hilo to LAX route they got with the Continental merger. It's substantially easier to get free first grade upgrades on that segment with even the lower status levels.
I grew up with United as my Dads employer, with his route Hilo/San Francisco as a flight engineer on a DC8. Always went standby, but service across the board was great compared to TWA and others at the time. Fast forward to my honeymoon flight from heck with one seat in first class, the other seat way the heck back in coach, and no convincing at the gate could change it.
Hawaiian Air has consistently been fantastic along with Alaska to cross the pond to the mainland, but they should at least pay the pilots and crew better than bus drivers and chaperones in my opinion. Happy workers equals happy customers no matter how much glitter you throw at it.

Community begins with Aloha