Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie Theaters
just a few years ago (maybe 5) Akebono had free movies nights with films like Michael Moores' "Sicko" (only one we got out to see there)

Have no idea how it was rented out for the films or how they got the films, but there are ways for theaters with older tech to get older films (like art films & kids features)...
The newer technology is pretty neat, until it has glitzes (like any movie equipment...& those bulbs are still a huge chunk of change!)

ADD: DH reminded me we also saw a surf movie there....no idea which one... may have been a local production
AK pilot: yes Honokaa peoples theater is classy. I saw Xavier Rudd live there this past June 22. Wonderful sound quality. One of the best concerts I've ever been to and I been to a few in big cities like Boston.
However that has nothing to do with Puna. This is Punaweb. Really a drive to far for punatics to make with any regularity.
Elysian. I know, just a quick shout out to my home theater.......I know it's a long slog for a Puna local. Just wanted to say there are still a few local independent theaters out there.......no offense intended. [Smile]

AKpilot

We're all here, because we're not all there!
We're all here, because we're not all there!
Costco had a 50" 4K UHD TV on sale for 500 bucks... That's like 5 movie nights. I rarely go to movies.

1) I hate the idiots in the movie theater. Esp, the ones that talk or constantly seem to check their 6" phone...blinding everyone with it.

2) the food, snakes taste like crap...

3) there is no Pause button if you want to go get some steak sauce for the T-bones. Or maybe even get another fire rock beer.

4) The seats suck... That is if you can even find a good seat. A comfortable couch is the way to go! Smile

5) Price... Yup, it's a hell of a lot cheaper for a subscription to netflix or bit torrent (whatever floats your boat)...

6) The public... Yeah, I know I went over it already but, it's so bad, I gotta mention it twice.

There you have it! Go down, get a tv, and a amp with some decent speakers... you'll be enjoying movies much more and for pennies on the dollar.
ericlp - you think the same way I do!
Eric P....tell us how you really feel.

Have fun with your great big TV in your reclusive setting. You are every right to do so. Just like others have a right to enjoy a good first run movie in a theater.

To each his own.
I've been catching movies for free at rainierland.com

Really.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Had the privilege of taking my two oldest boys to watch the legend of Tarzan last night, we were not impressed with the movie. The movie I really wanted to watch is called free Jones with Matthew McConaughey starring. Unfortunately for me they were only offering one playing time at 10:00 p.m, which was Too late for us last night.
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker

I've been catching movies for free at rainierland.com

Really.

Nice ... got all the game of thrones, walking dead, vikings etc...etc... my problem was I could never remember where they left off and kinda of a pain to search for what episode I had last.

Will be interesting to see how long this site stays up. Might just stream them from now on.

Thanks! [8D]
Rob,

Thanks for the info on rainierland.com

Wahine
Wahine

Lead by example