Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neighbor assaulted me in my own yard - Ainaloa
quote:
Originally posted by leilaniguy

Remember, we don't know both sides of this tale.

That is true. I just hope I can get a copy of the police report.
If he did say you had aimed the gun at him, it should be fairly easy for your attorney to point out that in general, a clear thinking individual would turn and run away from someone threatening them with a gun, not run dircectly toward the source of danger.

Na HOTPE, you watching too many movies. A crazed person will absolutely run TOWARDS a gun, especially if they know its only a BB gun which is pretty EZ to figure out.

More betta to nail down where OP was and that the guy Came ONTO property first, then go from there if need be. So many things to establish first and that is why Gerconr, if your story is as you say it, nothing gonna happen. I know its eating at you night and day but FWIW, again, if this an accurate description (Assuming you have no previous record like him ) they not gonna do anything. I hope you added your story ( AND YOUR NAME ) to TRO application though. If not, you should get another one on him in your name asap. Make sure you add you are in fear and that you are worried it might happen again.

Don't worry, they will serve him, if you know his schedule call it in and let them know. The TRO will 'kick in' whether he is served or not BTW.

You ( personally ) will not be able to get a copy of a police report that is " under investigation " I am 99% certain of this.

Further, you need to take your post down BC this could be used as evidence. You need to tighten up your story as well. Example, you say "floor" and "ground" Think about it more tactically is what I would advise. But get it off here.

Also, DO NOT speculate to ANYONE, not ever here. Sorry this is happening, even though its not.

Get the TRO on him and go on with your life.

Get a couple of pit bulls ... let's see him try to open that gate again! Wink

Sounds like a loopy neighbor... How long have you lived there? You ever talk or say "Hi" to your neighbors?

Best to just remain passive and hopefully the lunatic remains on his side of the property line. Get some video camera's.

https://www.amazon.com/Dericam-Wireless-...op?ie=UTF8

Also do you know where I have to go to purchase that police report?

If it's a Miscellaneous Public Report you can get a copy, so you need to find out how it was filed:
http://www.hawaiipolice.com/services/police-reports

- Be pleasant to inefficient workers; give them undeserved promotions. - Work slowly. - Refer all matters to committees for "further study and consideration. - Hold conferences. - Make travel as inconvenient as possible. - Haggle over precise wordings of communications. - Advocate “caution.” Be “reasonable” and avoid haste. (Excerpts from the WWII OSS Simple Sabotage Manual)
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Retain a lawyer.

Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Unfortunate to have to inform you of the braddah code. Most police are local braddahs here. Your neighbor sounds like a local braddah. Are you? I bet not. I hate racism, I have plenty of local friends but it's all too much a reality here. I would have fought back. Picked up something really heavy to smash him like a baseball bat. You're on your property defending yourself.
Press ahead with your charges, with a lawyer. You have evidence, he does not.
if you own your home, you have to live next to that dude from now on... Id try for smooth stuff out w/him while its still early... it sucks living next to a neighbour like a feud...

but if he local and you haole, then forget it... and if he local, I wouldnt press him too hard with legal stuff, or he may retaliate months/yrs later... ie burn house down, kill dog, roach all your crap, etc. when you not home...

Id just let the cops do their job, they didnt witness it, so have to make conservative judgement sometimes, and you did have a BB Gun.. somewhat sketchy in a postage stamp size-lot kine subdivision like Ainaloa...
good luck, aloha

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
True bananahead. Thinking of this topic makes me see red though. I learned my hard lessons as young kid. Sounds like gerconr is just experiencing the side of Hawaii nobody wants to be a part of just now. The dogs would have helped. How you interact with the pissed off braddah makes a difference. I hate being a victim and hate to see others victimized. At this point, after the assault, moving is your best option. Next time though, make that punk pay for walking on to your property and assaulting you. Go medieval on his ass for coming on to your land and hurting you. A baseball bat might be too good for him. (click clack goes the gat)
Stop talking about this on a public forum.