Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii bill introduced to legalize prostitution
HOTPE: Eloquently explained with a refreshing, satirical twist. Clearly endemic to all 50 states. A dispiriting state of the union.

Natasha Ufema
Natasha Ufema
Medical marijuana is legal now.
How much will they charge for the right to open a hooker dispensary? How long will it take to get one permitted and open?
How long will it take to get one permitted and open?

First they will need to put out bids for a tracking system, then wait for someone to apply to open a certified test facility. Counties will appease the NIMBY contingent by declaring that houses of prostitution can only be located in ML zoning and are limited to three square feet of signage which must be of specific colors. Applicants will be required to register, pay license fees, and pass a background check after being fingerprinted.

License fee monies will be spend defending the State from lawsuits about morality, along with a suit challenging the zoning restriction and another from Native Hawaiians claiming that prostitution somehow desecrates the precious mauna. As part of the eventual settlement, DOE will enter into a consent decree which requires them to teach diversion classes in grades 5 through 8 with a refresher in high school.

Probably 5-10 years, with people "amazed" at the "pace of progress" compared to medical marijuana.
Probably 5-10 years,

And in the meantime, johns on the civilized isles of Oahu and Maui will continue visiting hostess bars, while in Hilo a more laid back, open air, farmers market approach will carry on. Cash & tax free! State excise workers/inspectors punch out at 4:30 PM, well before the local nocturnal underground economy springs to life.

"It doesn’t sound like a benefit when I can’t even understand it." -Brannon Kamahana Kealoha at the TMT Hearing
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
State excise workers/inspectors punch out at 4:30 PM

I've heard they don't even like to go out after lunch, because they want to be sure to have time to return their staff car to the County motor pool.
I think this is awesome news. I could use some extra cash to heat my pool. Not accepting solicitations until the bill is passed and signed by the governor. NO EXCEPTIONS.
extra cash to heat my pool.

Yes!
Jobs for Puna!
With a strong tourist economy we could have full employment in no time.
Who says government officials aren't doing enough to reduce unemployment?

"It doesn’t sound like a benefit when I can’t even understand it." -Brannon Kamahana Kealoha at the TMT Hearing
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I find this to be a very difficult issue. On one hand, decriminalization is a wonderful thing, it's what true freedom is about. On the other hand if Hawaii becomes a prostitute haven we have the fallout that occurs from objectifying women, sex and intimacy. As a general rule the vast majority of prostitutes are very emotionally unhealthy women as are the johns who choose them over a loving relationships.

That said, I find the Dutch to have the most well rounded personalities lacking in neuroses of any people on the planet. Freedom seems to win out, as they make their own personal decisions about prostitution and other worldly evils.
quote:
Originally posted by Punatic007

I find this to be a very difficult issue.

I can agree.
Big ol' can of worms here once opened.
If prostitution is legal, taxable etc.....
Hypothetical: My daughter is out of work and on unemployment. Turns down a job at a local brothel. Can her benefits be cut because she willingly refused a job?
Turns down a job at a local brothel. Can her benefits be cut

Visits the doctor for "back pain." Disqualified from the position at brothel due to doctor's excuse, and gets script for medical marijuana for her discomfort. Dispensary makes a sale, so win-win. More jobs for Puna.