Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii's prison guards and police looking bad.
Alaskyn66, if the murder rate skyrocketed, which I agree would probably happen, that would no longer be true.
if the murder rate skyrocketed, which I agree would probably happen

Most murders on the Big Island are between people who know each other, rarely is there a random killing (yes there are a few exceptions you can cite, Dana Ireland for instance, but there are not many).

Once all the murderers prone to mortal violence kill each other off, it should be a pretty quiet and peaceful island. In the meantime, choose your friends and acquaintances carefully.

You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Originally posted by glass numbers:
"Cops are strange. They are inherently corrupt"

IMHO, Not true. Why paint all Cops ( or any group of people) with the same brush?

How would you feel if people did it to you? " All newcomers are_______". ( ie: ignorant, opinionated, inexperienced, etc.)

How about "some Cops are _____." Conversely, "some newcomers are _____ " . ( (fill in the blanks with whatever derogatory judgement you like)

If you are comfortable with generalizations how about "all Cops work hard" or "all newcomers are welcome."
Generalizations are so much easier to swallow when they're not mean.

I explained why, dude, in the very next part of that sentence. No civilian gets to have any say in to how the laws are written. So, the rules that we have to follow, the common guy, you and I, we don't have any say in that, but yet we have to follow them anyways. That's inherently corrupt, and cops are forced to uphold that corruption.
Aloha Smile
No civilian gets to have any say in to how the laws are written.

Not quite; there is a referendum process by which the commoners can create law.

The real problem is that the authorities may choose to interpret any law as they see fit, assuming they even acknowledge their jurisdiction. Helicopter noise and LLEP are two great examples.
Opihikau, any thoughts?

Hawaii county has 335 sworn officers. Last year 9 were discharged.
That's a pretty good record in my opinion.
Several years ago I did a "ride along" out of the Hilo station. That option is probably still there. Some of you might find the experience illuminating.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.