Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tax and spend Harry wants to raise taxes
I'll give you a marker for your driver's license renewal

Shhh! County would just find a way to tax this too!
I'm kind of surprised that kalakoa who complains daily about not getting a return on taxes would be ok with a tax increase that would go to maintain the status quo !

The average annual wage including benefits for a Hawaii county employee is $86,712.00.
The average annual wage including benefits for a Hawaii county employee is $86,712.00.

I would gladly take this pay increase and then have more taxes taken out. Totally worth it for the healthcare and pension.
From the HTH article:

The county also is looking at property owners who pay only the minimum tax rate. Some 35,689 property owners paid the $100 minimum property tax last year, with some paying as little as $25 annually. That’s out of 140,858 taxable properties.

Raise the minimum by $100, that's $3M. Almost enough to cover the debt service on County's last bond issue.
Did anyone actually read the article? The one about Hawaii County workers being the highest paid in the whole country?
I'd like to see a little more conversation on "cutting spending with minimal loss of service"

I only hear "we need to generate more income"
Let's call or visit him and politely ask why he wants more money when county employees are already payed so much, even taking cost of living into account.

OFFICE OF THE MAYOR

East Hawai‘i: 25 Aupuni Street, Hilo, HI 96720
(808) 961-8211 | Fax: (808) 961-6553 | TDD: (808) 961-8521
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

I would gladly take this pay increase and then have more taxes taken out. Totally worth it for the healthcare and pension.

So you're a county employee ?

Crossing Guard ?
So you're a county employee ?

I hope to work for County someday, because the pay and benefits are better.

Too bad I'm just some haole.
I hope to work for County someday, because the pay and benefits are better.

Too bad I'm just some haole

Are you joking? I thought you hated the County kalakoa... [Wink]