Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restaurant Recommendations
Here's my choice. Right in Hilo. Went there for lunch today. Had the yellow curry lunch special. I could eat there every day. Wife likes the crispy chicken dish. Another is the black bean noodles.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x79524b562752bf8f:0xcfb3ffd8b1d80264!2m19!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m13!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!3m1!7e115!4s//lh3.googleusercontent.com/-vftiJvE3f0E/Vkejx4Rd-yI/AAAAAAAAABs/VfiwJVPDaI0e94OTO_76g53nbX_avAfTgCJkC/w90-h90-n-k-no/!5s+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e3!2s-swOBsHUpYvA/WShdda6tdUI/AAAAAAAAA0M/a0QrqZd-NEYb75mT3qYBP3vCn1JH_IM0gCLIB

Yikes! Didn't know the webb address would be so long. It's the New Chiang Mai Thai Cuisine. This place is my favorite restaurant in the area. Hilo Bay Cafe is great too, and has a view to die for. I still like Kaleos in Pahoa a lot too.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Here you go, Birdmove, shortened with bit.ly: http://bit.ly/2rLjNIs
Hawaiian Style Cafe Hilo
Thanks DTisme! I'm not very high tech. But I play a decent game of chess.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Best food (but strictly utilitarian decor) Is Kamana beside Nat in Hilo. If u like Indian, of course.
I have friends who are from India who recently ate at Kamana. They said it was the real deal. Authentic and delicious northern Indian cuisine. They said it was better than what they could get in LA and it was one of the their best experiences on the BI.
Big deal. So what's best in Pahoa town? Haven't got time or much patience for Hilo. We go for Hilo Bay or Reuben's. Pineapples looks interesting, but NO PARKING! Anywhere near.
quote:
Originally posted by leilaniguy

Pineapples looks interesting, but NO PARKING! Anywhere near.

On street. Don't you feel like going for a stroll after driving to Hilo?
quote:
Originally posted by David Shaw

(btw Tweez, are your initials JRH? I want to hear from you if so.)

-dwajs

Aloha dwajs - nope, those are not my initials - sorry!

I will have to try Kamana - I love Indian food! I've never had any trouble finding parking by Pineapples - maybe half a block away is the farthest.

For in Pahoa - I like Pele's kitchen for breakfast and Ning's Thai for dinner. Kaleo's has been really hit or miss for me. I like Cajun Paradise Farms for a smoothie but I haven't made it there for lunch yet.
We like Paolo's in Pahoa... If it's still there. Haven't been to the island for a while.