Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restaurant Recommendations
Hi All:
We are celebrating our 40th anniversary on the Hilo side, and would like to hear about your favorite restaurant for dinner.
Thanks,
Jim
There are other threads about this, so I'd suggest searching, but our favorites for nice, reliable dinner and service, are:
Liko Lehua (Hilo, Pauahi St.)
Cafe Pesto (Bayfront, Hilo) (try the Greek pasta salad)
The Ponds (Hilo, 11)
Jackie Rey's (Hilo, downtown)

I used to put Kaleo's on this list, btw. No more.
Hilo Bay Cafe is our go-to restaurant for special occasions
You didn't say what kind of food you like but on the Hilo side I would recommend Hilo Bay Cafe or Ponds.

You may also want to consider the Queens Court (at the Hilo Hawaiian Hotel (its part of the renovation)): http://www.queenscourtrestaurant.com/dinner-alacarte I haven't eaten here for dinner but the brunch exceeded my expectations.
Jackie Reys has amazing Lobster!
We were only there for 2 weeks but Hilo Bay Cafe and Cafe Pesto were our favorites. Ate at both places twice.
Thanks for all of your replies. I did search, but what I found was more towards the whole state rather than specifically the Hilo side.
Thanks again!
Hilo Bay Cafe is the pick for tourists, as it is pretty much the only restaurant on the east side offering waterfront dining with a good ocean (Hilo Bay, with Mauna Kea in the background) view.
I like Hilo Bay Cafe, Ponds, and Pineapples
We have stuck with Kaleo's and they are pretty consistently good - good food, good service, good feel in the ambience.
When we want to go to Hilo then Tweez' list is fine.
(btw Tweez, are your initials JRH? I want to hear from you if so.)

-dwajs
-dwajs