Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where have all the cockroaches gone?
Rob is right. I put a night-vision camera down into our cesspool and there were millions of cockroaches and nothing else down there (guess what they were eating...) But how do roaches make it past the plumbing traps?
One came up through my shower drain last night. Must have swam through the P-trap.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Boy oh boy, if they have adapted to swimming through a plumping p trap, we're doomed! Imagine those that have a vacation home where there is not a constant flow of water from residency to keep the plumbing traps primed with water. They are now guests of the Hawaiian cockroach domain.

Community begins with Aloha
I think it's due to Fire Ants. Also, centipedes have taken a big hit, not that I don't mind. Haven't seen one in a LONG time. But for the all the fire ant research I've read, I heard that they like centipede eggs.... Maybe same goes for roaches, tho, I've never had any roach problems. I've had them fly in from "other" neighbors. All it takes is one neighbor to be a procrastinator and let the trash pile up for a few weeks and you bound to get a few wandering / flying over. But, even than, they don't last long since, I have borate all over the floor moldings and corners.
Did anyone notice fewer roaches corresponding to fire ant treatment? I ask because I've seen an uptick in roach sightings that roughly corresponds to when I stopped treating for LFA.
they all came down here to Discovery Harbor, lol. Before I sprayed, there were dozens of cockroaches just casually hanging out on my lanai at dusk.

Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile
"Did anyone notice fewer roaches corresponding to fire ant treatment? I ask because I've seen an uptick in roach sightings that roughly corresponds to when I stopped treating for LFA."

It could just be timing. There was a cockroach bloom in Puna a few months ago talked about in a different thread. On the other hand, a lot of the LFA treatments will kill cockroaches (and centipedes) as well.