Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tripadvisor revisited
To be clear, those two only have sway over the forum, not the reviews (as far as I know).
Try disagreeing with them (if you can be bothered) and you'll see!
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

To be clear, those two only have sway over the forum, not the reviews (as far as I know).
Try disagreeing with them (if you can be bothered) and you'll see!

Ok, gotcha. Looks like 88 percent excellent or very good rating from over 300 people right here for Ahalanui-https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60603-d560109-Reviews-Ahalanui_Park-Pahoa_Island_of_Hawaii_Hawaii.html
I'm fine with people discouraging tourists from visiting.
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

I'm fine with people discouraging tourists from visiting.

Works for me too.
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

People will weigh and consider the positive reviews along with the negatives and come to their own conclusions.

It would be good if readers could do that.
The problem is that the Destination Experts on the Big Island section of TripAdvisor censure other peoples comments. If you post something that contradicts what they wrote, they make it disappear.

“Facts fall from the poetic observer as ripe seeds.” -Henry Thoreau

Seems to be par for course in this day and age, particularly anything Hawaii-centric...
"I'm fine with people discouraging tourists from visiting."

You must like paying higher taxes too then! And having a depressed economy.
You must like paying higher taxes too then! And having a depressed economy.

We're getting those things with or without tourism. It's called the "sharing economy", Oahu takes their share and ours too.
TripAdvisor is under investigation by the FTC for censuring posts. The site may wish to look a little closer at their "DESTINATION EXPERTS" who have been granted that censorship authority:

FTC reviews TripAdvisor's business practices as more travelers say warnings of rapes, injuries were blocked

Within a day, the post was deleted.
An email from TripAdvisor to the Allisons, who share a TripAdvisor account, said it didn’t meet the website’s guidelines.
Until then, the Allisons, a couple in their mid-60s, had been frequent TripAdvisor contributors.
The company’s refusal to post what the Allisons considered important safety information soured their enthusiasm for the site

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/inve...884167001/

"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
How is this any different than State underreporting RLW, responding to Dengue with "avoid getting bitten by mosquitos", County's separate list of "official" traffic fatalities, etc?

How is this any different than... Dengue... separate list of "official" traffic fatalities, etc?

One is a private company?
The other is government?
The private company is being investigated by the FTC, which is government?

The circle of life, Simba.

"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves