Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more County raises!
The raises wouldn't gall so much if the county was actually good at what they do.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
if the county was actually good at what they do

Exactly: we're paying $320M/year for salary+benefits, but every time I turn around the County is hiring "consultants" to perform "studies" and draw "plans".

Case in point: the proposed park for HPP -- which County admits they won't have money to actually build -- needs a $300K "master plan". Don't we have a "Parks Department"? Have they never seen a park before?
HOTPE @ 06:14:06-
The whole of Hawaii government is a joke.
As to your comment-yup. LOL.
We still don't quite have the knack of self-government
at any level.
Just take a look at our HOA's
kalakoa @ 07:59:03-
Couldn't agree with your observations more.
The County should be threatened with privatization
and measurable performance standards.
Never thought I'd say that, but this is an extreme case.
Every single County employee had best wake every morning with a deep sense of gratitude that they work for Hawaii County.
Westhawaii today online put a list out of the pay raise for the deadbeats that work for the county.

http://westhawaiitoday.com/news/local-ne...-hikes-397

I'm focusing on the top of the list in general.

Why aren't people screaming bloody murder..grow some a@@ in your pants people ..and vote these people out.. one way or another..

"Every single County employee had best wake every morning with a deep sense of gratitude that they work for Hawaii County."

Yes they should, but in case they don't HGEA will continue to run its overly-frequent ads on TV to remind them (and other Hawaii state and county workers).
Alaska, I read that as grow some ass in your pants rather than grow some balls in your pants.

I think most of the county is hired not voted for.

If its any consolation gentrification is real and eventually you will be seeing the changes you may or may not be desiring. It seems with every passing year more are aware of the shortcomings of our governing system here in Hawaii be it the state or county.
http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/2018...big-hikes/

Chart is in the link.

"The County Council chairman will get a 32.8 percent raise to $77,017, and other County Council members will get 34.6 percent more, to $70,008. The county clerk, legislative auditor and other positions also received raises. Those raises were approved 7-1."
Here’s an idea i’d Like to see get traction: ALL (Fed, State, County, Municiple) government raises are limited to the same COLA index as social security recipients.

Ninole Resident
Please visit vacation.ninolehawaii.com
Ninole Resident