Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appliance Repair
I’m glad you write instead of cook Kelena. I definitely like your story.
Kelena, give me a call... maybe I can help out.

345 3089

Kelena:

You should really consider the fixyourboard.com deal. My oven started flashing a fault code which I could make go away so I just dealt with it for a while. Somewhere in there I realized that while I could select any temperature, I wouldn't get that temperature. Stuff was not cooking. I don't recall how I found out about fixyourboard.com but with some trepidation I extracted the board and sent it off. When I got the board back everything worked! No need to mess with anything else. Cost about $115.
https://www.applianceblog.com/ is another good one.
Thank you, everyone. I sent the control board to Texas,MarkP. Great suggestion. Waiting for repairs.
Unlike Kelena, I love my oven and so when the minor overheating problem just become a big overheating problem (like 200 degrees) I don't hesitate to revive this thread looking for oven repair suggestions. No time to send it off as I'm cooking T-day dinner beginning this weekend. I left a message at Michael's but he hasn't called me back. Can anyone provide any referrals? Thanks.
FYI
I called Michael's Repair and they came out two times, were paid $209. by me, and the refrigerator still leaks and the door stopped closing again. Sad Thumbs down.
Thanks for your response, sistersue. I heard back from Michael's the day after I posted and they ordered the part, which hasn't arrived yet. But they've been very good about updating me. I spent yesterday afternoon sitting on the floor, manually turning the oven on and off to maintain the correct temp--and everything came out fine. I'll give an update once they actually come and install the part, hopefully Monday.
Just out of curiosity, was it a bad thermostat they found?

I wanted to complete this thread since I reactivated it. Yes Royall, it was a faulty thermostat. Michael and his wife Rusty both came out today and oven is functional again. They were super nice and live in HPP. The cost was reasonable and ended up being slightly under their estimate. They stayed in good communication while we were waiting for the part to arrive, they showed up when they said they would and they did a good job. They also fix washers, dryers, fridges, etc. Sorry you had a bad experience sistersue, but I'd give them a very good recommendation AND there aren't a whole lot of other options. I think their phone is a land line so be patient when you first call and remember that aloha begets aloha. Lilikoi bars here we come!