Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roof leak repair metal roof
Carey, I would be pointing the finger at the contractor on this one. The inspector is looking for code compliance, things like pipe size, slope, etc. He can't be expected to inspect every joint. In fact, in many cases that would be impossible. The LICENSED contractor is responsible for the workmanship. And the license doesn't guarantee that the contractor is competent.
I used one of those Air Admittance Valves on my kitchen sink as it's in a peninsula. My recollection was you needed at least one vent to the exterior - couldn't be all AAV. I looked at the link provided and found this;

"Q. "Can I use Air Admittance Valves (AAVs) only for my whole house?"
A. No, a minimum of one vent must be open to the atmosphere (outside the dwelling) to allow the release of positive pressure in the drain system to prevent possible trap blowout allowing sewer gas into the home/building. A wet vent may also be an option; however, as always, check with your local code enforcement agency to ensure that your project will comply with code in your area."
I put a tarp up weighted down with pieces of 2x4's and such. That will be me some time at least and, so far, keep the water out.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP