Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's raining so hard that......
There goes any possibility of mangoes off my trees this season....
MKWC currently forecasting blizzard conditions on Mauna Kea starting late weekend into early next week. I suspect that means another period of heavy rain coming up.
Ain't Algore's global warming something? It was so cold in D.C. recently that someone saw Bernie Sanders with his hands in his own pockets.
Well, 2017 was the warmest year on record. Once again. Anybody see a trend here in Hawaii? Personally I think Puna is a great place to be in the face of a wacky climate and wackier national psych.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Training thunderstorms have affected all the islands in the last day or so. Severe thunderstorms are affecting offshore Big Island waters and dumping snow on Mauna Kea. Tuesday could get nasty, especially in the afternoon and evening as daytime heating increases convection. Stay safe, everyone.
More rain on the way tomorrow (Feb 15th with a slight chance of thunderstorms but mostly west of Puna) and then another round of heavy rain is likely over the weekend with an increased chance of thunderstorms. The wet weather looks as though it'll continue into the early part of next week. Lots of snow expected on Mauna Kea over the weekend.
Been raining extremely hard here in Discovery Harbor as well, harder than I've ever seen it. It's like this sheet of water surging down out of the sky, its amazing and kind of scary, almost. Hawai'i just isn't Hawai'i unless it's dank, things don't smell or feel right when it's dry, so i appreciate the rain, especially considering how clean and pure it is.

Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile
Seriously considering putting up one of those walmart above-ground pools to catch the overflow from my catchment. After the drought last year it seems wrong to waste a drop.

It's raining so hard my dogs look at me like I'm crazy when I ask them if they need to go out. And one of them is farting sulphur from the pits of hell...
None of my dogs seem to want to go out either. So far, our air quality is ok though.
MK webcams are capturing some bizarre looking lightning. I haven't heard any thunder. Bear in mind the links below are live so only apply if you watch them now:

http://cfht.hawaii.edu/en/gallery/cloudcams/ -click on 2hour loop

http://mkwc.ifa.hawaii.edu/current/cams/ - look for the Keck Cosmic Cam and click on time-lapse animation.