Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii Rewards Incompetence
wax @ 11:20:16 02/02 2018-
Yes,
Amen.
My view and sentiments and analysis exactly,
just look at TMT and the pandering to the "native hawaiian" crooks and degenerates at OHA.
And their allies or triggermen the so-called "protectors".
If we get a chance to amend the State Constitution, OHA must be eliminated, and DHHL held to their mandated purposes and produce homes for Hawaiians instead of graft for the privileged and connected "insiders", more than a few of who are not Hawaiian.
theres no such penalty for filing a day late
theres no such penalty for filing a day late

If I show you the paperwork sent from State of Hawaii tax office with itemized penalty & interest, will you pay it for me?

Recycle Puna. Humans, although probably not you personally, have already left 400,000 pounds of trash on the moon. - YouTube's Half As Interesting
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
We would all be better off if people complained more.

We would need enough complaints that the system choked on its own retribution.
HOTPE, That's nuts. If I recall correctly, small print says that if you don't file by due date, there's a 20% late fee, plus penalties/day of unknown amounts. 20% of $700 is $140. I can't imagine those penalties would add up to DOUBLING the amt due. I hope you contested.
That's nuts.

I know.
I called and spoke to someone in a supervisory position at the Excise tax office. It was a lengthy call, and she went over the improbably high fees with me and assured me it was correct. I suggested that Pay Day Loan lenders didn't charge that much on a per annum basis, in fact, they aren't allowed to charge that much by law. She offered me the opportunity to contest the fees in writing, and mail it to their office. She allowed however, there was very little chance I would get a different answer.

Since pleading my case in writing most likely would have resulted in nothing but an additional waste of my time, I paid it. An offer I couldn't refuse.

Recycle Puna. Humans, although probably not you personally, have already left 400,000 pounds of trash on the moon. - YouTube's Half As Interesting
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
They also take forever to add your resident tax exemptions too. It took them 3 cycles (18 months) before they finally started charging the correct rate. That was an additional ~$2000 in tax dollars they managed to collect because it took them 18 months to register the exemption.