Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vehicle Inspections
Last time we went to Wally’s he said he’s phasing out Vehicle Inspections except for his old customers.
Best bet is probably Bob’s.
quote:
Originally posted by Kapoho Joe

I can hardly wait for when Hawaii starts testing cars for smog!

Keep waiting, because it ain't happening!
Now that Bob's is in the spotlight on this public forum you can bet that they will be strictly following procedures.
quote:
Originally posted by Durian Fiend

quote:

What makes you say that?
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Durian Fiend

quote:

What makes you say that?

New cars are so emissions clean these days, it seems to me that these tests will become an obsolete practice eventually. Washington State is planning to do away with theirs, for instance.
Of course, just because it'd be an unnecessary waste of time and money, and be hugely unpopular, there's no guarantee that our state authorities, in their infinite wisdom, won't decide to adopt it anyway.
What makes you say that?

1) In the future if the engine is electric, it won't burn fossil fuels and will have no emissions.
2) If it's not electric, but is self-driving, the car's computer will run engine diagnostics before it start's the engine.
3) The diagnostic program will also inspect the vehicle for almost everything the safety check shops look at now, but we'll still have to take our cars for a safety check because most Hawaii politicians will have a cuz who own an inspection station. The legislature will be unable to rescind the law. The only advantage will be, you can walk out to your driveway, tell the car to "drive to Bob's for a safety check," put a $20 bill on the front seat, and let the vehicle go there by itself while you stay home and watch the 4th quarter of whatever game is on TV.

Recycle Puna. Humans, although probably not you personally, have already left 400,000 pounds of trash on the moon. - YouTube's Half As Interesting
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Thanks to all of you for your helpful replies.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Mahalo.
Another option is to replace the wind shield and be legal .
Robs suggestion also works very well.
If law enforcement for what ever reason pulls you over and they notice the hairline crack - the safety inspection station gets in tons of trouble from the state .Best to just replace and be legal . We like Precision Auto Glass for replacement .
Mrs.Mimosa
Go mudding with the vehicle. Splatter some well placed mud in the right crack spot. Of course all over other parts too so not obvious.

Another option. Place a sticker over the crack with some cheerful vehicle or bumper sticker.