Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decent Rat Lung Worm Bill
the bill takes effect July 1, 2112

Standard practice. If the bill survives, they might amend it with a real date.

It should be hard for the legislators to shuffle the money off to DoH for advertisements this time.

Not hard. See the discussion of "special funds" in Land and Power.
I've been after a rat for two days now. I've got three traps ready and waiting. Tonight's the night.

Meanwhile, down near the bottom of the Southern Hemisphere, New Zealand announced they've completely eradicated every mouse from an island, 200,000 of them, at a cost of $1 million. It's the first successful step in their program to eliminate rats, etc from their county by 2050.

Big Island politicians, health workers, and rat lungworm researchers - - are you paying attention?

https://earther.com/new-zealand-just-ext...1823991924

If you want to combine the dual pleasures of insanity and social acceptance, religion is your only choice. - Last Aphorisms
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Mongooses were brought to Hawaii in 1883. Surgeons were just beginning to recognize the need to sterilize instruments in the 1880s and the practice was slow to catch on. Why, pray tell, do some people say "Biocontrols are bad. Remember the rat vs mongoose" without following up with "And don't have surgery. Surgeons don't sterilize their instruments".