Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Glinda
pbmaise: "I on the other hand am claiming without a summit water lake any massive explosion at the summit is nearly impossible. I say nearly. Not absolutely."

I say a similar thing with respect to the lava river, at midlevel, where it is traveling at a sedate speed on fairly level terrain, suddenly jumping the channel and engulfing people 50 yards away in a matter of seconds.

The probability of either as these things is about as remote as the entire section of land from Kapoho to Kalapana cracking off and falling into the sea--an event that several experts here described as a virtual impossibility.

(Possibly a very strong earthquake might cause something cataclysmic in each of three of these categories. The largest earthquake recorded on Hawaii Island was 7.9.)
Some time ago, during the 2014 lava flow that threatened Pahoa, a punaweb member who no longer posts using their original name said people should enjoy watching their house being burned down because they are being touched by nature. Sometimes you just have to accept that some people have little empathy and don't think the same way as normal people.
Hi! Mary Poppins here. You know, "very nearly perfect in every way...?"

There seems to be enough drama in the current events and future events. Your posts are getting to be like commercials for some product I'll never buy. Are you two formers lovers or what? I've welcomed posts by you both, as I like different perspectives and apparently nobody has all the answers. It's ALL speculative, and academic credentials may or may not give you a leg up on comprehension.

I've stayed in 6 places in Kapoho. I feel sorry for those who lost their homes. We almost bought the hexagon house. I can't believe it is gone; glad we eventually bought in LZ3. That being said, it ain't LZ9. I'm happy to have experienced the tide pools and Champagne pond. My granddaughter had a turtle swim right up to her on her first snorkeling experience. The memory is real. The Champagne pond...isn't. Not any more.

I feel a lot of ALOHA for punawebbers. Civility matters. Thanks for listening.

Good post bgiles, that’s perfect!
[Big Grin]
bgiles, are you referring to my post or someone else's?
Posts; plural. Not either/or; both/and. Yours and Glinda's. You both have valuable things to say. Your enmity towards Glinda and vice-versa detracts from otherwise valuable perspectives I look forward to.
Hey glinda,
Thank you so much for your reply. It was all I could have hoped for. Plus something to research. Perfect Smile

"detracts from otherwise valuable perspectives" YES! Thanks bgiles.

pbm, with respect as I dig your adventure too, and in keeping with the nautical theme, glinda strikes me as the kind of person who would know how to reduce a sextant sight and not just depend on GPS.