Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road paving 22, HPP
The fire station was definitely the rationale behind 22nd, Daniel. It will give them easy access all the way across to Shower Drive.

It's amazing that after all the meetings, etc., that so many folks here in HPP still don't know what is going on with this. I have encountered several neighbors in the past few days who still thought that they were paving all the roads and became indignant when I told them otherwise. When I suggested that they might have attended the meetings and expressed their opinions, I got either blank stares or cop-outs about how they didn't have time. So it goes. Let's hope they do the paving well because it's costing a LOT.

Cheers,
Jerry
Was there ever a list laid out as to what and when was going to be paved?
Did I miss something? Shouldn't residences be notified somehow, like a mailing? Was it something that was handed out at meetings?
The paving contractor for HPP roads is:
William C. Loeffler Construction.

I don't know anything about them. Does anyone have any info about them?
quote:
Originally posted by JerryCarr

The fire station was definitely the rationale behind 22nd, Daniel. It will give them easy access all the way across to Shower Drive.

It's amazing that after all the meetings, etc., that so many folks here in HPP still don't know what is going on with this. I have encountered several neighbors in the past few days who still thought that they were paving all the roads and became indignant when I told them otherwise. When I suggested that they might have attended the meetings and expressed their opinions, I got either blank stares or cop-outs about how they didn't have time. So it goes. Let's hope they do the paving well because it's costing a LOT.

Cheers,
Jerry

Jerry,

Thats why I'm running for board of directors, last I heard I was the only candidate in my area so I'm not sure what happens now, I guess they just put my name on the ballot alone. I have some ideas of how to make it much cheaper and faster to pave the roads. I'm very excieted about working with and getting to know the other board members and the owners to improve this community.

A hui hou,

Daniel R Diamond
Daniel R Diamond
I wonder if property owners will get the option to have their driveways paved at a discount? (since the equipment will already be there).
quote:
Originally posted by macuu222

I wonder if property owners will get the option to have their driveways paved at a discount? (since the equipment will already be there).

[Wink][Wink] that's a joke, right?

“"Nothing will work unless you do."

Maya Angelou
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
No Joke beachboy....Paving companies that have a paving contract to pave a roadway in front of one's home have frequently been able to pave an owners driveway for a substantial discount. I noticed that 28th av has quite a few asphalt paved driveways. Is that just a coincidence?
I heard if you tip a bouncer at the door, they will let you in early [Wink]

Everyone loves a little money under the table now and then. [Wink]

-------
The more we speak up... the more they will listen.
Whatever...

BTW...Damon...Is that your blog on the front page of the Honolulu Advertiser?

As to the original question about road paving, according to the HHPOA website it's 22nd Makuu to Shower then in no particular order 16th, 7th, 1st (I think) and something to do with tying K and E into existing pavement.

http://www.hawaiianparadisepark.org/Road....12.08.pdf

It also says that they have only awarded a contract for this paving, which I think is a good idea. I don't know anything about the current contractor except that they are licenced, which is already an improvement on the last lot :-)