Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helicopter post deleted--see FAA thread
relocate the helipads closer to the attraction
------------
The attraction is the entire island.
"I doubt we would see any change in occupancy rates if we told the entire air tour industry to go packing.. I am sure it's a luxury we could live without."

Helicopter flights generate an enormous amount of revenue and therefore also taxes. For many visitors it is the highlight of their trip.
People who are jealous of what others can afford are a blight on society.
Helicopter flights generate an enormous amount of revenue and therefore also taxes

Again: how much of that money do we actually see on this island?

For many visitors it is the highlight of their trip.

...and State keeps most of their TAT.

People who are jealous of what others can afford are a blight on society.

Yes, I'm so jealous of tourism's ability to prevent my nap.
Helecopters ferry tourists who stay in hotels who provide jobs.. they shop at local stores who provide jobs. They eat at resturants who provide jobs. They rent vehicles who provide jobs... surely some of those people that have jobs are paying taxes into the local till.

I have a sudden craving for popcorn..
"the NPS doesn't want any air traffic over them either"

The NPS has an FAA-recognized heliport in the park, they only want their own air traffic over them.
In May the County cleared and repaved the old Puna Airstrip for emergency evacuations by helicopter. CD ended up using it for their operations center and it is now no longer being used.

http://www.punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24902

A new helipad could be created there like Blue Hawaiian’s Waikoloa helipad. There’s power and water already available at the Pahoa Airstrip, they would just need a trailer and a parking area.

The helicopters could fly west from there directly over the Puna Forest Reserve towards Pu’u O’o or HVNP without going over homes and would be very close to any (hopefully not) possible future eruptions in the LERZ.

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2018/0...y-housing/

This would also bring those tourists into Pahoa to spend more money, the helicopter companies save money on fuel and can make flights more affordable with shorter flights.

Personally I’ve been directly under their path for many years with the Pu’u O’o eruption and it was getting really old. Since the Leilani eruption there’s not many flights over my home anymore and we’re really enjoying the peace and quiet.
A new helipad could be created there

"Driveway on the highway" violates PCDP.
You say that as if PCDP means something.
You say that as if violation means something (to helicopters)
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
that was your 6,666 post! spooky

Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile