Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uncle BIlly's
If the county can milk the situation to no one's benefit but their own, they will.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
If the county can milk the situation to no one's benefit but their own, they will.

All the while complaining that "there's no money" and looking for a tax increase.

Clearly the public is OK with it, because that's what we voted for.
quote:
...we could have a new hotel in just 5 short years.
Isn't that how long it took to fix the road by Hilo Bay?

quote:
Originally posted by Old Croc

quote:
...we could have a new hotel in just 5 short years.

Isn't that how long it took to fix the road by Hilo Bay?

fixed??? The road by Hilo Bay Floods frequently...county work at it finest!
I belive the road was made as an underwater hiway? Lol
For submarine races.
Aloha

HPP

HPP
Did you catch the artists rendering of the new hotel?

It looks like a low income apartment complex in Hoboken N.J. from the 1960's
Insane how they spnd our hard earned tax money like there’s an unlimited supply.

I would prefer they bulldoze all those run down hotels and just create beach parks for us all to enjoy, expand the Reeds Bay Park. Hilo Hawaiian and Naniloa have enough rooms to accommodate visitors.

We need beaches and cleaner water. Spend the money on opening up the breakwater every 100’ to flush out the bay so we can swim and fish without getting sick.
they spnd our hard earned tax money like there’s an unlimited supply

Tax revenue is, by definition, unlimited. Need more? Increase the rate somewhere, tell people it's for "that thing they wanted", spend at whim.

It's especially easy when "the people" don't ever demand accountability.
SBH: "I would prefer they bulldoze all those run down hotels and just create beach parks for us all to enjoy, expand the Reeds Bay Park."

That is a thought, but the poor water quality next to Hilo Harbor means poor swimming in the Banyan Drive area. The diagram at the end of this article shows the options in breakwater renovation.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/articl...ln03p.html

Shortening the breakwater is the best option, IMO. The water quality at Hilo Bayfront Beach would probably be better than at Banyan Drive.

Post lava flows, the County is probably under some pressure now to create new shoreline recreation. I think kalakoa was right when he said it will be some time until the road to Pohoiki opens.

Should we focus more on Hilo Bay coastal improvements, e.g., breakwater renovation? (But this is probably 10-15 year time frame, minimum.)
quote:
Originally posted by MarkD
---
The diagram at the end of this article shows the options in breakwater renovation.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/articl...ln03p.html

Shortening the breakwater is the best option, IMO.
---

This article was from 2005. Wonder what were the results from the study.