Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pine Sol served to preschoolers oahu
Good lesson for the kids (and everyone else): smell first, then drink.
A wife of a colleague downed a glass of bleach at a work party, it had been stored in an old water bottle. She spent months in hospital.

When I worked in manufacturing back in the early to mid-80's most of the chemicals we used at our work benches were in unmarked plastic bottles. After my first year there they became vigilant about having all containers marked with MSDS stickers or labels so there would be no question as to what might be in a container.

The whole apple juice incident is a very sad situation...glad none of the kids were injured. If there are aides at some of these schools who aren't proficient in reading english, perhaps they could color code containers as to what is a cleaner or whatever.

Wahine
Wahine

Lead by example
If there are aides at some of these schools who aren't proficient in reading english, perhaps they could color code containers as to what is a cleaner or whatever.

It seems beyond a illiteracy issue.

This is the part that gets me:

[i]"The assistant reportedly “saw the yellow/brown colored liquid container on a clean-up cart in the kitchen and returned to the classroom,” despite it being properly labeled — and on a cart that exclusively held cleaning supplies.

I don't know what kind of person would want to hurt a preschooler but it sure seems intentional.
I was going to say that it's a new brand of stupid or a new brand of incompetence. But yeah, let's hope that it's not a new brand of maliciousness.
Yeah and to try to explain it away.. in any sense, is out of touch with reality upwards starting @ 1st grade . 2nd for the sloer ones
quote:
Originally posted by ElysianWort

If there are aides at some of these schools who aren't proficient in reading english, perhaps they could color code containers as to what is a cleaner or whatever.

It seems beyond a illiteracy issue.

This is the part that gets me:

[i]"The assistant reportedly “saw the yellow/brown colored liquid container on a clean-up cart in the kitchen and returned to the classroom,” despite it being properly labeled — and on a cart that exclusively held cleaning supplies.

I don't know what kind of person would want to hurt a preschooler but it sure seems intentional.

EW, if the aide can't read english, it doesn't matter if the cleaning supplies were properly labeled.

If a cleaning cart with cleaning supplies should not be left in a kitchen unless those supplies that could be accidentally ingested can be locked up. Should be a simple fix to purchase a cabinet for this purpose if they don't have one, or don't have a janitorial closet.

If this was a malicious act, I would hope that the police were notified.

We don't have enough information to know why this happened. However, locking up the cleaning supplies, and making sure aides working at the school can speak and read english. Also, did any of the children have access to the kitchen? Another reason to keep those cleaning supplies out of their reach, and/or to color code...red is bad...smiley face is good...whatever.

It makes me ill to think that someone could be doing this intentionally to preschool children.

Wahine
Wahine

Lead by example
quote:
Originally posted by snorkle

Well, they also serve the fatty glandular secretions of a hormone/antibiotic saturated field Bovine (with 28 grams of sugar).

Well, that is good to know, and good for the kids, inane protestations not withstanding.

Speaking Truth to Lies / Facts to Ignorance
"It makes me ill to think that someone could be doing this intentionally to preschool children. "

There is no evidence of that at all, just a feverish imagination.