Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
road usage charge
Just un hook speedometer cable or computer chip set for 11 months and there you go .
simple - same with GPS TRACKERS - wrap with lead sheeting and it makes the GPS tracker in operational.
When re hooking speedometer cable un wrap GPS LEAD sheathing one month prior to safety sticker.
Drive old clunkers from 1960s or 1950s like us old timers do.
In CALIF they tax electric cars 1200.00 a year on registration for the last 3 years .
Mrs.Mimosa
Dear Mrs. Mimosa,

If you have room, please pick me up in one of those and I'll buy lunch : )

Same goes for the Citroen 2CV owner if your reading this.
RWR - where are u located n need your cell numb er .the numb er the bettah . LOL

no need lunch but petrol n Castrol oil mo bettah
My mainland vehicle has one of those metromile policies ....5 cents a mile when I drive it ...keeps the cost down big time ...and yes it has one of those gps dealies that keeps track of the miles .....they have a very high vehicle recovery rate when it comes to stolen cars - keeps the rate down .....the gps knife cuts both ways
Motorists paying for roads based upon how many miles are driven sounds good to me. Insurance should work the same way.
In theory an older, less fuel efficient vehicle would benefit from this system over fuel taxes.
insurance companies are already doing it on the mainland based on miles driven
http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2019/0...hicle-fee/

Ironic (except not really) that the Senate is considering an "electric vehicle surcharge" to deal with the problem of declining fuel tax revenues. Would this be in addition to the RUC?

"It's been said that electric vehicles need to pay their fair share because they're so heavy and they do damage to the roads," Ruderman continued. "An electric vehicle is lighter than the average SUV. It's much lighter than an empty pickup truck. Road damage has an exponential relationship to the weight of a vehicle. 90% percent of the damage to roads comes from the heaviest truck that goes down that day. 9% percent comes from the second heaviest vehicle that goes down it, and 1% percent comes from all the other vehicles put together. It’s not a good reason to do this."
"Our roads need to be fixed and I believe our vehicles, our hybrids, must pay their fair share," Inouye said.

"Fair" would be a tax on the electricity that charges electric vehicles.

Speaking of "pay their fair share", where's my subdivision's share of the fuel tax revenue?
Salamat Mrs. Mimosa : ) ....

Chure on theE Castrol.

In the eastern US they are using license plate readers to replace toll booths.They mail you a bill for the toll.

Since I have an easypass, I still get a discount.

That would never work here because Hawaii always has to do something different.(See Hart)
In the last 2 years we have taken our 64 Ford Falcon and it has a straight 6 with a push button automatic and modified with fiberglass panels and doors.Taken out all seats and now it weighs 1800 lbs lighter.
Our MPG is 45 - 50 .A slight 3 inch lift and a light metallic brown.Took it to Yamada guys running on fumes and with scale house print out of new weight they changed the registration weight fee .
In addition our insurance dropped to under 90 dollars a year and no computers - all manual doors and windows and our own GPS tracking system - Will not start if gran ma says the wizard of OZ magic words with Door a thighs ruby red sleepahs . Not really but does have voice command ignition from amazon and cams to the cloud.
All of you will soon see us - it can haul 12ft lumber inside - legal dark window tint dark .Grandson now drives her - the 64 - but granma also loves the cruise to Hawi town to escape the madness of Puna /Hilo