Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I really like the new TMT commercial on the tv.
quote:
Originally posted by kalianna

Interesting. Not the usual trolly troll kind of post either. Why bother to fake a website? Is he putting you on? Did you really bother to look at his profile?

He didn't fake a website, he tried to make it look as though my old blog site was his. It was clearly a deliberate act, it's not something you do by mistake. And given there are a couple of people who have posted under several pseudonyms that have a particular interest and/or obsession with me, my work and my family, yes, I do tend to check out newbies, especially when they post unusual stuff like "astronomy-buff".
Cool, Glinda's back !!
quote:
Originally posted by snorkle

mark p says;

The protesters are visibly standing up for what they believe in although I think that the risks they are taking (arrest, in front of cameras, by police who later release them) are less than the risks that can be inferred await those who cross them.

Her we go again; The Hawaiian Mafia?

Snorkle, I don't know whether your naivete is willful or faked, but try telling that to Wally Ishibashi - who had a bunch of flag-dragging pickups show up at his home (where his family resides) and spent a couple of hours blasting his home (and neighbors) with the protestors theme song - Get the F*** off our Mauna... Wally has a good deal more claim to Hawaiian ancestry than most of those dirt-bags blocking the road. But I guess that was these thugs just having good fun, expressing their opinion, right???
There are some apt comparisons that can be made between the anti-TMT protesters and Trump supporters. There is the pride and satisfaction both groups display when they make radical and irrational claims and are not held accountable, as though breaking something is its own reward. There is also the seemingly deliberate failure to acknowledge actual threatening behavior.
@MarkP...some apt comparisons

Examples rather then innuendo would be nice
Threats to the water table are alleged where there is no threat, just so they can mess up the TMT. The above mentioned physical threats to TMT supporters which are dismissed by those who chose not to see.
So from where did the misinformation about the water table originate and who originated it? I've looked and can't find anything. I'd like to see/hear those false claims coming from a specific source. And to be clear, this is an informational question, not a confrontational one. [Smile]
Certainty will be the death of us.
kalianna, it was alleged during the contested case hearing (and debunked by an expert on day 16) but not sure who started it.
Kealoha was one of them:

https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/mk/files/2016/10...-amend.pdf
quote:
Originally posted by MarkP

Threats to the water table are alleged where there is no threat, just so they can mess up the TMT. The above mentioned physical threats to TMT supporters which are dismissed by those who chose not to see.

bold by me...sooooo, this (bold) is akin to Trump supporters???

There is the pride and satisfaction both groups display when they make radical and irrational claims and are not held accountable

sounds a like your describing the entire government community of Hawaii including the UofH