Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uncle Robert's closing?
graves of ohana members

Aren’t many of the graves (most?) unmarked, under 50 feet of lava, never to be disturbed? If the answer is “yeah, but...” then I would guess all of us have walked over, built on, or otherwise stepped across someone’s bones at one time or another in Hawaii, on the mainland, and everywhere else we’ve visited on planet Earth.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Didn't uncle move to Kalapana in the 50's?

As far as I'm concerned the ohana can do whatever they want on their property, but they are still living in Hawaii and under the same laws as the rest of us.
This afternoon I heard from a food vendor that Uncles will reopen in a few weeks. The closure is for doing maintenance work and some reorganization. They expect that uncles will put out an announcement before they reopen. (This is from a totally reputable vendor.)
Mentioned in the local "news":

https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/201...huts-down/

Kalapana resident Ikaika Marzo, who is family with the Keli'iho'omalus, said that the closure might only be for "a short period of time" or could be "indefinite."

Perhaps they realized how hypocritical it was to support kia'i on Mauna Kea and to have hundreds of cars leaking oil into the aina, thousands of tourists trampling native species, disturbing the peace, tossing cigarette butts into pukas, alcoholics being enabled, and drugs being sold to keiki, all so they could make a tax-free profit. It may take decades to undo the damage these exploiters have caused to Kalapana's fragile post-eruption ecosystem. The damage to our Puna aquifers may never be undone.
might only be for "a short period of time" or could be "indefinite."

Like everything else in Hawaii, highway construction, protests, etc.
It should be our state motto, perhaps translated into the Hawaiian language so as not to offend anyone.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
It should be our state motto

Cheaper to replace the Legislature with a Magic 8-Ball.

"Ask again tomorrow."

and about as rational as what comes out of the current legislature...
Cheaper to replace the Legislature with a Magic 8-Ball.

That might work until a State Senator uses gut and replace to install new messages of his own.
until a State Senator uses gut and replace to install new messages

Well that depends .... on the Senator and the specific messages ...