Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HPP road fees
Has anyone tried calling the office to see if or what they have in place?

KP
“When your hate is louder than your love, your words have no meaning!”
KP
I'm on the board and have no idea! But I hope to find out soon and when I do I'll get back to you.

This isn't the information I'm referring to. I don't think what Obie posted was the topic of this thread and Obie already posted this same info on HPP Biz thread several days ago.

I will get back to you all when I hear further on this topic.

Looks like Obie deleted her post.

HPPOA needs to delay the road fee deadline until the emergency is over

Aloha. D7 rep and I tried to call a special board meeting to discuss possible coronavirus procedures to take for HPP. One of the agenda items we wanted to discuss was to defer the due date of road fees to 20 Jul 2020 to coincide with the Hawaii State Tax due date. D1 rep declined to meet.
quote:
Originally posted by mermaid53

HPPOA needs to delay the road fee deadline until the emergency is over

Aloha. D7 rep and I tried to call a special board meeting to discuss possible coronavirus procedures to take for HPP. One of the agenda items we wanted to discuss was to defer the due date of road fees to 20 Jul 2020 to coincide with the Hawaii State Tax due date. D1 rep declined to meet.

Pretty sure you can't defer payments because of the bond. The bond holders would have to OK it.
quote:
Originally posted by Obie

Pretty sure you can't defer payments because of the bond. The bond holders would have to OK it.

There shouldn't be any problems making the Bond payments.
Ok I’m sure anyone that understands contractual agreements can safely say Mermaid does not !

Why would you say that?

KP
KP
Interesting to hear one say they always pay late and never get charged interest. Maybe they mean a week late, it was not specified. Getting forgiveness on interest 3 or 6 months late would be hard to hear was applied to only special individuals.
It sure didn't happen for my daughter who didn't have the money for car insurance, much less road fees. In her case the interest was charged and further was not sent a BALLOT for a past issue all HPP voted on. I called and learned that it was decided that past due people don't get to vote.
There have been many different HPP boards over the years yet they consistently make ROAD decisions that greatly disturb me.

Giving credit where it is due; the most recent gravel spreading on my road has lasted in good condition longer than any I can remember for the last 15 years.

If I ever got so mad about my unpaved road that I felt strong action was called for, I would initiate an intense VOCAL LOUD physical movement to bring suit and have ALL owners of unpaid roads unite and refuse payment of road fees until an HPP paving schedule was made public and published detailing the dates where unpaved roads would be paved.
ALL monies of road fees not paid to HPP would instead be deposited into an escrow account where it could be released once such a schedule was released and KEPT. Only PROOF OF ACTION would result in monies being released and said monies would be withheld on a continuing basis for failure to honor a committed schedule.
THIS action I believe would be effective and would win in the courts.