Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Propane Verse Electric?
quote:
Originally posted by stonerboy420

(JUST FYI - this is Kapohocat but my nephew signed on and he didnt sign off when I posted!!! I am not stonerboy!! ha ha )

Now that is funny!

Stonerboys Auntie wasn't thinking!!!!

(I told you I'd get you back sometime down the line)[Big Grin]

-------
Lower your expectations and be ready for anything.
Line drying works but timing is everything ..... On a sunny day, take a look @ all the laundry hanging while on your normal rounds.
Unspoken adaptation to rain forest life.
We use propane for range and tankless hot water, and use a line with pulleys for hanging clothes. Starts raining just pull back onto the lanai. A 40 lb tank lasts us 3 months, around 40 dollars to fill the tank.

Scott
We also use propane. There is two of us in the house and have a dryer, on demand hot water, and range. We use a 100 lb tank (about 23 gal.) in 3 to 4 months, closer to 3. The dryer goes a lot as Cathie doesn't want to have a cloths line in the yard. On a side note: The first time I filled the two 100# tanks it cost $148.00 so about $75.00 a tank. The last time I filled one it cost $95.00. at Pahoa Battery. That was a $20.00 rise in a year and a half. I also like the idea of getting by easier with gas when there is a power outage. Our small 2k genset will keep us up and running quite well. I think if I could talk Cathie into a cloths line we could save a lot more in electricity and gas.

Royall

What goes around comes around!