Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Feeling ill today
Thanks for letting us know, wecelli, and good luck fighting off your infection. You make a good point about dropping your defenses after being vaccinated.
Yep, I think we've all done it a bit before Delta came around. It was nice taking a little break from the pandemic. Back to work I guess! Feel better!
"I think I may not have been as diligent about protecting myself after 2nd vaccination."

Wow, these vaccines sound so great. I'll have to run right and get one!
(08-22-2021, 01:23 AM)AaronM Wrote: "I think I may not have been as diligent about protecting myself after 2nd vaccination."

Wow, these vaccines sound so great.  I'll have to run right and get one!

Yep, they prevent death and hospitalization, and usually result in a milder if not asymptomatic or aborted infection. I'm glad we finally convinced you.

Some people might still not want to chance being unlucky and getting a bad breakthrough case, or spreading it to immunocompromised family or friends, but that's perfectly reasonable. I enjoyed getting back to normal after vaccination, but now I have someone immunocompromised in my life, and I have to be more careful too.
(08-22-2021, 02:18 AM)randomq Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 01:23 AM)AaronM Wrote: "I think I may not have been as diligent about protecting myself after 2nd vaccination."

Wow, these vaccines sound so great.  I'll have to run right and get one!

Yep, they prevent death and hospitalization, and usually result in a milder if not asymptomatic or aborted infection. I'm glad we finally convinced you.

Some people might still not want to chance being unlucky and getting a bad breakthrough case, or spreading it to immunocompromised family or friends, but that's perfectly reasonable. I enjoyed getting back to normal after vaccination, but now I have someone immunocompromised in my life, and I have to be more careful too.

Good luck, randomq. Pam was immunocompromised due to a severe form of Lupus and our biggest fear was a pandemic like this one. We made all sorts of plans in case it happened but unfortunately she didn't make it that far. Please feel free to PM me one day. Not sure I can help much, but I do understand what you are going through and share your frustration with anti-vaxxers.
(08-18-2021, 06:22 PM)Carey Wrote: Island wide there have been folks affected by the wildfires & subsequent reduced air quality.
Hopefully, the air will clear up & rain will come with enough moisture to cut-back the drought conditions on island:
https://www.drought.gov/states/hawaii

ETA: - Wildfires & COVID study:
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41370-021-00366-w

ETA: Guess some medical experts actually anticipated more cold/flu this summer, as a by-product of reduced exposure to cold/flu pathogens over the last year from wearing masks & social distancing & then not as much late spring/early summer...
https://www.chron.com/coronavirus/articl...221781.php
This cold is worse than I have had in years. Day seven tomrrow, still have a sore throat and congestion. Also very weak.
I just got a positive Strep throat test. Don't know if it's going around, but glad for the antibiotics. Felt like lava was in my throat.
wecelli - have you considered getting another Covid test? Just to be on the safe side.
(08-24-2021, 08:36 AM)TomK Wrote: wecelli - have you considered getting another Covid test? Just to be on the safe side.
Yes, tomorrow I am having a second test. ?
wecelli - are you OK?